This position is located in the Office of Human Resources Management (OHRM) within the Employee and Labor Relations Division (ELRD). The incumbent is responsible for providing leadership and coordination in the formulation and administration of performance management and disciplinary and adverse actions for OHRM and ELRD-related serviced organizations, as well as evaluation of Departmental and Mission Area employee relations programs.
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a seasoned specialist providing developmental consultation, research assistance, and general and case/situation specific advice and guidance concerning employee relations matters.
- Develops and recommends new or revised guidance and policy changes on the higher-level regulatory material.
- Provides authoritative interpretation of policy, guidance and assistance to staff elements of Headquarters USDA and subordinate agencies.
- Represents OHRM at conferences and meetings pertaining to specialized functional areas of responsibility.
- Advises operating offices on unusual, complex or difficult problems.
- Formulates and recommends broad policies, standards, plans and procedures for accomplishing the Department?s strategic plan.
- Develops Departmental position documents and materials and prepares Departmental directives, issuances, memoranda, and other written guidance and recommendations with respect to employee relations.
- Coordinates with OPM, and stays abreast of new legislation, regulations and other Federal government initiatives.