The selectee serves as a consultant and authoritative expert to the Director, Marketing and Regulatory Programs-Business Services (MRPBS) Deputy Administrator, and other key APHIS officials regarding Agency-wide activities in security, safety, and emergency management.
Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Works with the Director to provide leadership for the development and implementation of Agency-wide plans for emergency response activities and Continuity of Operations.
- Serves as an authoritative expert on maintenance of an agency-wide safety and health program.
- Works with the Director to provide leadership for Agency-wide safety and health initiatives and planning, engaging leaders throughout the Agency to ensure operations are aligned with applicable laws.
- Works with the Director to provide Agency-wide leadership for physical and personnel security assessment, access control, and associated training.
- Works with the Director and Branch Chiefs to develop Division goals and priorities, tracks progress towards meeting the goals and priorities.
25% or less – You may be expected to travel for this position 25% or less of the time.