Saputo -> Saputo Dairy Foods USA
Friendship, NY 14739 US (Primary)
Saputo Dairy Foods Applicant (SDF Only)
At Saputo, we make contributions that matter every day. We’re a growing team of dedicated and passionate people around the world with a longstanding history of excellence. Each of our employees bring their best every day and together we create high-quality products our customers and consumers enjoy.To learn more visit us at http://www.saputo.com/en/careers
WHAT YOU WILL DO AT SAPUTO
The Warehouse/Shipping Supervisor directly supervises and coordinates all activities in the warehouse / shipping department to maximize productivity on assigned shifts and areas. This includes planning, assigning and directing work, addressing product and employee complaints, and resolving problems. This person carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws.
- Supervises all phases of shipping and/or warehouse operations including shipping schedules, loading operations and material handling activities.
- Monitor and evaluate warehouse layout, racking, forklifts and all other warehouse equipment to ensure operational performance, utilization and workplace safety. Creates SOPs as needed.
- Maintain chep and heat -treated pallet balances.
- Maintain accurate product inventory control; perform monthly inventory reconciliation reports to management.
- Control all inbound/outbound shipments to ensure timely, accurate and complete customer orders while meeting Saputo bio-security standards. Maintain appointment log and communicate with carriers.
- Maintain and review all shipping/receiving records, including BOLs, receipts, freight bills, invoices.
- Prepare weekly management reports and participate in the plant management meetings.
- Monitor forklift activities and maintenance, hold and return procedures, storage maintenance and warehouse sanitation and appearance.
- Lead problem solving efforts in the warehouse through the facilitation of team meetings and on the floor leadership.
- Ensure consistent application of company policies and procedures. Support employee progressive disciplinary action activities in partnership with Human Resources.
- Promote safety programs and policies in order to reduce the number of safety incidents and near-misses. This shall include involvement and leadership in the plant safety committee.
- May participate in the interviewing and selection of applicants for vacant positions.
- Practice and enforce Good Manufacturing Practices, and housekeeping to ensure the quality of the product.
- Communicate and interact effectively with plant management departments, production planning, sister plants, and all levels of management to ensure the smooth operation of the shipping and receiving process.
- Maintains inventory and product loss control, coordinates timely and accurate shipping and receiving, and ensures safety/operational guidelines are met.
- Ensures proper procedures are in place and being followed for production efficiency, quality of product, employee safety, and state and federal guidelines.
- Recommends improvements to reduce cost and drive productivity within the department while achieving the targeted Sales to Service Goals.
- Provides supervision of assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
- Trains and instructs employees in regard to work performed in shipping and warehouse. Oversees instruction, implementation and enforcement of policies as they relate to employees.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Adhere to the Saputo code of ethics and actively apply the Saputo values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHO IS RIGHT FOR THE ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or a minimum of 2 years plant warehouse experience.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
- Must be able to become certified and licensed to train and operate electric and/or propane mobile equipment (stand-up, sit-down, reach, walking types of lifts)
- Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications. WMS applications experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, lead, coach, influence, motivate, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to understand cost containment and budgetary principles.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends.
WHAT CAN SAPUTO DO FOR YOU?
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or Deltek.Support@Saputo.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran statusus. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice – California Candidates
- What is the Purpose of this Privacy Notice?
- Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC (“the Company,” “Saputo,” “our” or “we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use and disclose personal information about you in connection with the recruitment process, including through our applicant tracking system or otherwise via e-mail or the Saputo communications platform (collectively the “Candidate Portal“). It applies to all current and former candidates.
- This Privacy Notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services. We may update this Privacy Notice at any time.
- This Privacy Notice applies in connection with your application for work with us (whether as an employee, worker or contractor). Should you be successful in your application, your personal information will then be held in accordance with our Privacy Notice for California Employees, Contractors and Workers.
- It is important that you read this Privacy Notice, together with any other Privacy Notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.