Wonderful Citrus Internship Program offers hands-on experience in the field with mentorship from experienced professionals. Whether you want to grow your career in agriculture, engineering or business, we have great opportunities for emerging leaders!
Our objective is to provide an educational, paid internship experience, at the undergraduate level that is directly related to the students’ goals and prepared them for real world employment demands and responsibilities.
Requirements for consideration: online application, resume & cover letter detailing which internship you are applying for. Closing date: March 1st, 2019.
- Farming Internship
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Internship
- Project Engineering Internship
- Control Systems Internship
- Operations (Production) Internship
- Continues Improvement (CI) Internship
- Human Resources Intern
- Must currently be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in related studies required
- Must have a Junior or Senior college academic level with a minimum of 2.5 Overall G.P.A. and a 3.0 Major G.P.A.
- Must have started core concentration classes in related field
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Access, Word, etc.
- Must have excellent communication skills-verbal and written
- Participation in student organizations and/or other leadership experience
- Previous applicable internship, part-time or apprenticeship experience preferred
- High attention to detail
- Team oriented and have passion for learning
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- On-site gym — free to employee
- Subsidized on-site restaurants — Two high quality, low-cost, fast-casual dining restaurants, and one grab-n-go station; discounted family-style grab-n-go meals also available
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service
Wonderful Citrus is America’s largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.