Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Summer Agronomy Plot Technician – Western Nebraska (Internship)
The WinField Answer Plot® Program hosts more than 200 agronomic research plots across the country. Plots provide area farmers to see firsthand how seed and crop protection products perform in local fields, allowing them to make decisions for their own operations with confidence. Learn more about how Answer Plots help at www.answerplot.com.
Position Duration: March – September 2020 (flexible start and end dates)
Financial Assistance for relocation is provided
- Territory includes Western Nebraska and Eastern Colorado (Kearney, NE to Greeley, CO)
- Assist the Answer Plot crews with managing regional plots, including; farm equipment preparation & operation, equipment transport & field operations such as planting and spraying.
- Execute foliar applications with a backpack sprayer, tissue samples, root ratings, stand counts and other metadata collection as necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining weed-free crop borders by use of hand spraying and manually roguing weeds
- Responsible for accurate mixing and application of fertilizer and/or chemicals per blend sheet specifications.
- Responsible for timely execution of all assigned Yield Trial Protocols
- Work safely following safety rules, regulations, and personal protective equipment requirements.
- Keep current on agronomic products, trends, and precision agriculture technologies.
Position Competencies and Qualifications:
- $14 to $18 per hour plus overtime eligibility. Wages are determined by Agricultural experience and by obtaining pesticide applicator’s licenses
- Wages increase if candidate has a Class A CDL license, but it is not required
- Ability to obtain a Nebraska commercial applicator’s license with General Standards (00), Ag. Pest Control (01) and Demonstration/Research (DR) categories prior to first day. Company paid
- Ability to obtain a Colorado Private Pesticide Applicator’s License prior to first day. Company paid
- Ability to live near the North Platte, NE or Kearney, NE area throughout duration of employment. Financial Assistance for relocation is provided.
- Pursuing an associate’s or bachelor’s degree, preferably in an agricultural related major or program but not required.
- General knowledge of corn, soybean, and general crop growth and development. Satisfactory level of technical knowledge in agronomy, ag technology, and crop sciences preferred.
- Basic math skills, attentive to detail, and able to work without direct supervision.
- Frequently move, lift and carry boxes, tubs, and tools weighing 50-60 lbs., access and utilize farm equipment, and move or traverse on uneven ground.
- Ability to work extended hours during peak busy seasons and stay overnight
- Possess a valid, unrestricted driver’s license and have and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
- Excellent communication, writing and critical thinking skills.
- Able to explicitly follow directions and proven record of following-through on projects and work duties.
- Manage time and effectively prioritize and implement projects and general work tasks.
- Give and receive feedback, work collaboratively, exhibit effective social and interpersonal communication skills.
- Resourceful and innovative in finding solutions to problems.
- Flexible and adapt to changing business surroundings.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job offers are contingent upon a successful drug screen and background review.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy