This position is located within a National Forest. This position provides detailed administrative assistance and support for supplies and equipment at a National Interagency Support Cache which provides support to federal, state and tribal governments and international organizations for pre-suppression, land use activities, natural disasters to include but not limited to; wildland fires, floods, hurricanes and/or weather related disasters and may provide support to human caused incidents.
Learn more about this agency
- Conducts data entry and processing within the Incident Cache Business Systems (ICBS) warehouse database. Investigates automated input and output supply transactions created in shipping,
- receiving, returns, refurbishment and kitting. Determines capitalized equipment location, compilation of daily transaction records, material due in and all other computer related operations.
- Maintains all accounts and records for material handling functions. Initializes request through commercial transportation program to move freight, request pickup of supply, verify actual cost and track final deliveries.
- Verifies packages for pickup. Provides shipping information to Regional and Zone Coordinators on all resource orders, to include all customers requesting supplies, providing proper shipping statuses at time of movement.
- Ensures all hazardous materials regulation are adhered to for any shipments involving flammable liquids/solids and other sensitive items which could include explosives. Prepare Declaration of Hazardous Material documents as necessary.
- Verifies hazardous material descriptions are documented on all Deliver Trip Receipt. Processes and generates orders based on requests from Coordinators and Dispatch Centers in the caches zone of influence.
- Assists in creating documents for requisitions and purchase orders from vendors, federal and non-federal agencies while working with required direction.
- Maintains direct contact with warehouse supervisor to ensure timely and accurate shipping updates based on information of order.
- Suggest alternatives and/or substitutions when requested items are unavailable so the incident can be supplied with acceptable resources within a reasonable time frame with direction of supervisor.
- Prints work order reports for returns department. Researches log and ensures proper credit is assigned. Maintains and updates files, logs in file folders and verifies in the billing transaction that credit was accepted.
- During ongoing incidents, assures that the current incident summaries are printed and sent to Supply Unit leader for review. Provides office assistance in vehicle inspection, tracking mileage and fuel receipts during peak season.
- Assists in tracking and submission of emergency time for emergency hire payments. Occasional travel on fire assignment to assist other caches with workload will be required.
- Serves as the Customer Service Contact. Provides information or forwards calls and visitors to management. Maintains printer and copiers with paper and toner as needed.
- Provides daily log with documentation of activity on changes, corrections, reissues and any computer, Internet outages throughout the day to insure credit to incidents was accepted after system returns.
- Creates and sustains a hard copy filing system for cache transactions. Ensures all account transactions, activities, issues and information is accurately documented.
- Assist in consolidating and preparing documentation packages as directed by management.
- Uses a variety of automation software to edit and produce an assortment of materials.
25% or less – You may be expected to travel for this position.