Positions are being filled under the Pathways Student Internship Authority which is designed to provide students enrolled in a variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with paid work opportunities in agencies to explore federal careers while in school.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION DEADLINE: The first referral of candidates will be made from applications received by 11:59 PM EST, August 19, 2019; subsequent cut off dates and referrals will be made as vacancies occur.
Learn more about this agency
- The incumbent of this position assists professional and technical staff by performing a variety of clearly defined tasks.
- These tasks are designed to increase knowledge and understanding of USDA’s mission and the activities of the organization within assigned area of specialty and/or interest. Assignments will vary by Agency, Office, and Division.
- The major duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides administrative and clerical assistance to higher level staff.
- Prepares a variety of documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and correspondence.
- Proofreads documents for proper grammar and compliance with organizational procedures and standards.
- Receives and files correspondence, records, reports, and other materials.
- Schedules appointments and makes meeting arrangements.
- Enters or tracks data in systems or databases.
- Greets and receives visitors.
- Receives formal and on-the-job training in the functions and operations of the organization and the specialty area with which the office is concerned.