Job Title: Student Summer Work Program
Department: All Assumption Manufacturing Departments
Classification: Student/Summer Seasonal
Reports to: Sr. Production Manager/Production Supervisor
AGCO has a wonderful opportunity this summer for High School and College students looking to expand their manufacturing skillset and earn extra cash. This program will begin as soon as students are finished with their current school year and end as needed in the fall as students return to school. Candidates must be at least eighteen years of age to apply. We anticipate hiring for the following positions:
- Machine Operator
- Forklift Operator
- Follow required safety and work procedures including standards, blueprints and/or wiring diagrams.
- Utilize hand tools and pneumatic tools to assemble, wire and install components and assemblies.
- Pack boxes and crates with various component parts.
- Release/request material from internal sources and perform any material replenishment to retrieve, pick and move stock requirements.
- Assemble and package parts, hardware and materials to complete products or assemblies at a level of output that minimizes production delays.
- Utilize quality checks to ensure all systems are set for correct operational sequencing and to meet product standards.
- Operate low level machinery (i.e. spot welders, drill presses, small presses, rivet machines, etc.).
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area to 5S Standards.
- Implement all aspects of AGCO Lean and Quality Management systems.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Employees/temporary employees are responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, policies and procedures. Employee/temporary employee responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) and report any defective PPE.
- Report all near-misses, incidents, injuries, illnesses, including mobile equipment or property damage.
- Participation in the site Safety and Health Program.
Current High School or College Student.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic understanding of how to use hand tools (i.e. screw drivers, wrenches, wire strippers, crimpers, etc.), power tools (i.e. heat gun, cordless drill, cordless screwdrivers, amp meters, etc.), and pneumatic tools (i.e. stapler, nail gun, impact gun, rivet gun, etc.).
- Ability to read, write and use basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Ability to follow precise instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, managers, and across departments.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works near large machinery and equipment daily. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is exposed to a variety of extreme conditions including temperatures ranging from 40°F to 105°F.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, t he employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands or arms. The employee must be able to stand for up to twelve hours per day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must wear personal protective equipment (i.e. eye protection, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, sleeves, etc.)
No travel is expected for this position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law .
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Nearest Major Market: Springfield
Job Segment: Intern, Part Time, Seasonal, Temporary, Quality Manager, Retail, Entry Level, Contract, Quality