Do you have a passion for agriculture and an interest in business operations? A curiosity to learn how businesses drive growth and operate efficiently? Do you enjoy solving complex challenges? As a member of the Wonderful Company’s Strategy Group, you’ll have the opportunity collaborate on and lead a wide array of projects from M&A due diligence and international expansion to plant floor operations effectiveness and improvement in core operating processes.
The Wonderful Company is a high-growth entrepreneurial and innovative farming company in the Central Valley of California dedicated to sustainable agricultural practices, clean energy and efficient water use. As America’s largest farmer of tree crops, with 100,000 acres of land, 15+ million trees and four regional businesses, The Wonderful Company is one of California’s most dynamic and exciting agribusinesses to work for.
Joining a supportive team, you’ll collaborate on challenging projects with opportunity to own, lead and drive a live project from start-to-finish. In addition, you’ll receive management consulting training, mentorship from company executives, first-hand experience solving complex business problems and opportunities to create lasting impact for the company.
Interested in spending a summer with us?
Your Wonderful Purpose:
The Strategy Group pursues three objectives:
- Work with operating companies in the Central Valley of California to improve performance both through new growth initiatives and efficiency/cost reduction actions. These include a broad set of projects from M&A due diligence and international expansion to plant floor operations effectiveness and improvement in core operating processes.
- Facilitate new business development at holding company level, including product development, acquisition screening, due diligence, and post-acquisition integration.
- Provide a “pipeline” of talent to all the businesses and brands of the Wonderful Company.
Consulting Intern responsibilities are critically important and extremely visible:
The Wonderful You:
- Enrolled in a science-focused (, Engineering, Economics) or business-focused (General Management, Operations, Marketing, Finance) master’s or PhD program.
- Demonstrated interest in the agriculture and/or the food processing industry.
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Focused, organized, results-oriented individual.
- Ability to work effectively with clients and within a team.
- Interest in spending the summer in California’s San Joaquin Valley (relocation support provided).
Please apply with your resume and a cover letter (as 1 document) briefly explaining:
- Why you’re interested in the Wonderful Company and the Strategy Group
- What ties you have to the Central Valley and/or why you’d want to live here
Some more information about CA’s Central Valley and The Wonderful Company:
California’s Central Valley is one of the world’s most productive agricultural regions and is the base of The Wonderful Company’s agricultural operations. The Central Valley enjoys a moderate climate and offers residents a high quality of life, low cost of living and, a host of diverse cultural and recreational activities. From wine tasting and hiking to rafting, fishing, skiing, and surfing – all within a two-hour drive – this region has much to offer the outdoor enthusiast.
Wonderful’s dedication to you:
- Paid internship with mentorship program.
- Onsite health club.
- Subsidized employee café with healthy food offerings.
- Work life integration.
- Relocation and housing support.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4.6 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America’s No. 1 tree nut brand and America’s fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America’s No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world’s leading floral delivery service. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a longstanding commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $200 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $100 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.