Supply Chain Development Advisor is considered a subject matter expert in supply chain management and continuous improvement with extensive and deep supply chain knowledge. Will use skills to gather information and translate that into action to drive improvements in the supply chain and ultimately benefit our customers. Reporting directly to the Global Supply Chain Leader, the Supply Chain Development Advisor will also act as an advisor to the regional and global business in executing a supply chain strategy and will independently conduct complex activities across a global, regional or multi-country scope.
Key skills and capabilities include project management, lean six sigma, continuous improvement, core supply chain processes, and deep insight into the customer experience.
Skills and knowledge allow to lead activities including: holistic assessment considering internal and external perspectives, comprehensive mapping, clear breakdown of results into decision-making processes such as network design and optimization, project leadership, continuous improvement, process development, inventory strategy and segmentation, customer & client interaction/business partnership, systems/data management and reporting and analysis.
Lead complex SC and business analytics for CBI regionally and globally. Supply Chain Development team will work together to set global process standards and regional flexibility. The regional positions will be responsible for leading full deployment and implementation of supply chain development in their region, providing leadership for a key process globally, and opportunity identification in their region. Develop strategies to drive performance at a global and regional level through collaboration with the global supply chain leader, a global supply chain development team, and regional supply chain leaders. Identify and drive implementation of future state CBI supply chain processes in their region and associated technology, partnering with IT. Use advanced analytical and continuous improvement techniques to identify opportunities, solutions and strategies.
50% CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Develops, executes and implements more complex projects and process improvements in the supply chain organization to drive continuous improvement to current excellence standards across the organization.
- Utilizing an extensive understanding of supply chain practices and procedures, develops a strong understanding of customer needs through building and maintaining internal and external relationships to provide optimal service to Cargill’s customers and help the business meet strategic and financial goals. Build relationships with external parties such as consultants.
- Analyzes and creates more complex demand, production, and sales reports to drive continuous improvement. Reviews reports created by more other members of the team.
- Provides extensive supply chain knowledge and subject matter expertise to integrate multiple areas in the Cargill supply chain such as customer service, supply chain planning, strategic sourcing/procurement, plant operations, and transportation & logistics (i.e. order, plan, source, make and deliver).
- Support standard weekly supply chain planning processes such as master production scheduling, demand planning, customer sourcing, material requirements planning, and supply and demand reconciliation by developing tools and coaching behaviors
- Develop & manage SC project portfolio management process in support of strategy and CI improvements within a region.
- Facilitate and drive a continuous improvement culture
20% SUPPLY CHAIN STRATEGY
- Works closely with the Supply Planning Lead to define and develop the inventory strategy for a global, regional or multi-country scope.
- Utilizing an extensive understanding of supply chain practices and procedures, reviews and monitors processes and ensures best practices are identified and shared between locations as well as effective utilization of Cargill’s Supply Chain Planning Playbooks, creation of process workflow diagrams and RASCI schemes, and communicating best practices through trainings, workshops and documentation.
- Provide program and project management support for the regional strategy and process implementations.
15% SYSTEMS/DATA MANAGEMENT, REPORTING AND ANALYSIS
- Utilizes extensive knowledge of supply chain practices and procedures to navigate through data and technology challenges, upgrades and changes.
- Analyzes and reviews scorecard and related KPIs for at a regional and global level
10% SUPPLY CHAIN DESIGN & OPTIMIZATION
- Using continuous improvement tools, analytical insights, and influencing skills, identify, propose, defend, and implement supply chain improvements and optimization opportunities
- Independently acts as a strategic supply chain analyst for a global, regional or multi-country team. This includes execution of centrally owned operational business processes, such as Integrated Business Planning (CIBP), budget cycles, KPI reporting (key performance indicators) and dashboard reporting.
- Using strong influencing skills, drive other teams in the business (both inside and outside the supply chain) to participate and improve supply chain processes and customer experience
- Independently develops the implementation plan for approved network design and optimization projects.
- Independently analyzes and creates metrics and track the success of implemented projects
- Uses advanced knowledge and past experience to create measures to improve on customer reliability, as well as action plans to improve on customer service for a global, regional or multi-country team.
5% PEOPLE, TALENT & BUDGET MANAGEMENT
Regularly provides informal coaching and/or training to supply chain analysts, including coaching Cargill core values. May be solicited for performance evaluation of colleagues.
- Bachelors degree in a technical (engineering, mathematics, supply chain) or business field
- 8 years experience in supply chain, finance, customer service
- 5 years experience in Supply Chain Planning or Process Improvement in Supply Chain
- Demonstrated experience leading project work and change management initiatives
- Experience with SAP or other ERP and/or BI reporting
- Strong analytical skills; including experience in process mapping, project and program management, implementing and leading change
- Proven ability to collaborate, lead, coach, facilitate, and communicate with individuals across a broad range of education, experience, and functional spectrums
- Masters degree in technical or business field
- Experience working in a Cargill SAP instance
- Demonstrated experience leading project work in large scale projects
- Lean Six Sigma certified
- APICS CPIM or CSCP certification a plus
- Project Management Professional certification a plus
- Knowledge of Cargill value chain and work processes
- Very strong ability and appetite to learn and apply new concepts