Strategic Pricing Manager will be responsible for developing Pricing Strategy in line with the strategy of 4 salt group businesses (Water Quality, Road Safety, Food & Growth Ventures). Pricing manager is responsible for deploying “Economic Value Models” derived from strategic pricing framework. Responsible for leading major price changes & negotiations (could be RFPs) that involve, building and executing on pricing and negotiation strategies. The pricing manager is expected to continuously and creatively analyze data, generate profit improvement strategies, validate with data & facts & deploy them in various businesses. The pricing manager is expected to drive pricing processes within and across businesses. This will include an oversight of technology projects specific to pricing.
Pricing strategy: 45%
• Develop pricing strategies at macro and micro level in-line with business strategy. This involves evaluating AOPs against market indicators, business strategy, internal variables & open opportunity for next 12-18 months, holding workshops with stakeholders and arrive at the pricing strategy that is used as a baseline for all negotiations during the coming year.
• It also includes generating hypotheses for profit improvement, validating with data and facts, develop deployment programs and executing selected strategies to fruition.
• Evaluate Win/Loss data for insights and early indicators for any competitor/customer/market moves
Large deal preparation and negotiations: 35%
• Lead RFP’s preparation.
• Build a tactical framework, get internal alignment that may require coaching high-level stake holders, develop a negotiation strategy, train customer facing sales/commercial personnel & if needed, be part of the customer-facing negotiation team
• Develop and deploy economic value models
Lead technology change/deployment as needed: 10%
• PROS/SFDC solution management and enhancements
• Working with data scientists on advance analysis/hypothesis
Change management across the broader organization 10%
• Partner with key stakeholder functions Commercial managers, Sales, FP&A and Supply Chain
• Translate and deploy best practices across businesses
Availability and willingness to travel ~ 10%
This position allows the incumbent to participate in creation of revenue generation strategy, provides opportunity to learn about markets and customers, and gain leadership experience in working on cross-functional teams & across diverse (B2B/B2C) businesses
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in one or more of the following: Pricing, Revenue management, Commercial Management, Trading & Business Development, Operations, Supply Chain
• 3 years profitability analysis and pricing economics experience
• Demonstrated strength in developing strategy & executing against it
• High Analytical skills
• A self-starter
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• Demonstrated initiative, curiosity and potential to go beyond the described role as the team responsibilities evolve
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels and functions of the organization
• Technology oriented Individual
• Strong business knowledge, including activity based costing and standard costing knowledge.
• Data Science experience
• Considerable working knowledge of multiple functional areas such as supply chain, procurement, finance, operations, etc. and demonstrated ability to integrate information across those fields
• Proficiency in using pricing tools like PROS, Zilliant, Vendavo, etc.
• Proven strong negotiation skills
• Proven ability to behave in accordance with Cargill values and ethics
• Experience with production or manufacturing environment