Cargill Cocoa & Chocolate North America’s Strategic Account Manager develops and fosters collaborative relationships with a selection of national and regional accounts representing the top strategic priorities for the business. Our Strategic Account Manager integrates with key customer team members at all levels to align customer opportunities and business objectives. This role will develop and implement a strategic account operating plan to enhance Cocoa and Chocolate North America’s competitiveness and market share.
30% BUILDS, DEVELOPS, AND MAINTAINS INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CUSTOMER/CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS
Develop, and maintain the most complex customer relationships. Accountable for the overall success of the customer relationships by delivering overall business growth and promoting business/financial impact within area of scope. Maintains relationships with the immediate set of key gatekeepers, influencers, and decision-makers to ensure that margins and sales goals are accomplished. Researches and identifies customer requirements/expectations for the most complex accounts. Partners and leverages extensive network of support functions as well as senior level managers. Assures alignment of sales/marketing strategies with nuances of account base or market segment.
30% MARGIN, VOLUME & COMMERCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Effectively collaborate with supply chain professionals, customer service representatives, research and development specialists, and marketing resources. Provide results through deep understanding of customer needs
and translating those needs into innovative and sustainable business opportunities.
Deliver against regional and individual margin objectives while managing to business policies for contracting, pricing,
allocation, product return, minimum order quantity, and other procedures. Communicate price quotes that attain
regional and product line objectives. Work to maximize sustainable growth and margin for the assigned (and
prospective) customers. Collaborates with sales management/leaders/teams to develop overall objectives and growth strategies.
30% SOLUTION PROPOSAL, DEVELOPMENT/NEGOTIATION & SALES EXECUTION
Partners with technical and marketing functions to deliver solutions through a team-based selling approach.
Within the business portfolio of product/services, maximizes the ability to deliver existing value propositions/solutions by
linking needs, benefits, and added-value offerings apart from competitors. Leads the translation of business plans
and sales goals into account specific growth plans. Positions Cargill’s defined cocoa and chocolate portfolio of products/services for most favorable opportunities by presenting the company’s capabilities and solutions. Drives most complex contracting procedures by partnering with risk management, legal, and commercial leadership. Initiates cross-functional collaboration and peer leadership to capture revenue and growth opportunities by leveraging/innovating capabilities.
10% TALENT MANAGEMENT
May coach more junior account managers on all aspects of sales/account management.
- Bachelor’s Degree (field of study in Business, Food or related science preferred)
- Minimum 8 years B2B (ingredient sales preferred) customer facing or sales/service experience.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Successful completion and passing of online sales assessment within 7 days of application date
- Proven relationship-building skills.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Project management skills.
- Proven experience working within a matrix organization.
- Ability to effectively represent the BU from a commercial perspective to customers
- Master’s degree.
- 8 years of direct B2B ingredient sales experience in cocoa and chocolate, food ingredients, or other specialty ingredient products in the areas of nutrition, health or chemical ingredients.
- Experience in development and execution of pricing strategy and additional value-added service, e.g., supply chain management, risk management, collaborative product development.
- Personal experience calling on, major consumer food and beverage companies located in the North America.
- Conceptual strength; ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity
- Strong people agility
- Highly motivated, self-starter with excellent organization skills