The Staff Accountant will play a key role in managing and planning the many and various financial transactions and results of this growing business. This position provides an exciting opportunity to interact with and provide support to, all functions of the global business. This role has the potential to expand in multiple directions as the needs of the business change.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Month end journal entries and reconciliations, review and prepare whilst ensuring accuracy and completeness along with detailed commentary.
- Month end reporting, helping provide clear, credible and timely financial results.
- Own Accounts Payable:
- Matching, coding and entering Invoices.
- Resolving accounts payable issues with vendors, whilst working closely with the purchasing function.
- Reconciling and reporting on the AP ledgers.
- Day to day management of payments.
- Ensure accuracy of records in the ERP and Bank system.
Beyond the accounting responsibilities, this person can expect to be:
- A collaborator: Work with business partners across the company to provide financial expertise to further their endeavors.
- A data analyst: Review company, industry and global trends and convert that information into a financial forecast.
- An influencer: Provide regular insight and recommendations based on financial modeling to support effective decision making across all aspects of the business.
- 2+ years’ accounting/finance experience in a high-performance business environment with a track record of performing basic accounting and finance functions whilst maintaining a high-level understanding of a company’s goals and expectations.
- Consideration may be given to candidates with less experience if these skills can be demonstrated from academic and internship work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent accounting background and knowledge of accounting and finance compliance, month end closing, general ledger, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis.
- Enthusiasm for teamwork at multiple levels and across multiple functions of the organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Previous experience with ERP systems and a history of being able to quickly adapt to new applications.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel.
- Proficiency with all of the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) — allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.