The Senior Pricing Analyst is key member of the Strategic Pricing Team focused on maximizing the P&L of the Chocolate, Compound & Special Products (CCS) product line within Cargill Cocoa & Chocolate North America (CCCNA). The role serves as the point of contact for the sales teams for negotiating and executing deals. They work cross-functionally with commercial leaders, sales, marketing, product line management, sustainability, supply chain, transportation, production, merchandising and procurement to establish profitable pricing policies and programs for the product lines and go-to-market channels. They employ a broad business perspective to work closely with internal stakeholders to understand key issues, incorporating them into business and financial models and communicating their impact the top and bottom line. They identify and clearly articulate drivers of value and recommend improvements as necessary. Prepares and communicates complicated analysis and solutions in a simple, clear and concise way to provide decision support and recommendations to help drive execution of the business strategy. Applies new and innovative technologies to enable efficiencies and drive improved and informed decision-making.
40% Pricing Analysis & Execution
- Primary point of contact for sales team around pricing guidance and exception management
- Ensure pricing requests and approvals are handled in a timely manner.
- Make pricing recommendations with an understanding of the implications to sales, finance, merchandising, operations and supply chain.
- Prepare analysis, build financial models and make recommendations in support of strategic customer negotiations and agreements (i.e. RFPs, long-term proposals).
- Lead price build for new products.
- Ensure start-target-floor margins are set in the pricing tool in line with overall strategic goals of the business and channel.
- Review and analyze freight pricing, managing market price risk and acting as primary liaison with Cargill Transportation & Logistics regarding pricing.
- Review and analyze pricing of non-tradeable ingredients (i.e. flavors), managing market price risk and acting as primary liaison with Cargill Strategic Sourcing regarding pricing.
- Measure effectiveness of pricing strategies and make recommendations to improve.
- Analyze the performance of current pricing strategies and make recommendations to optimize pricing strategies.
- Provide context and analysis on the drivers of the pricing metrics and performance versus goals.
- Support the development of the channel and product pricing strategy and plan.
30% Pricing Governance
- Manage analysis, communication and enforcement of pricing policies and service levels.
- Develop, analyze, report and communicate relevant metrics for existing value and margin levers.
- Partner with stakeholders to enforce agreed-upon measures.
- Maintain and monitor governance parameters in the pricing tool.
- Periodically review pricing conditions are accurately entered, liaising with Accounting & Finance and Pricing Systems Anayst.
- Sets regular sessions for commercial team, with focus on developing a process and communication method to enable continuous learning around pricing recommendations.
20% Margin Improvement Initiatives
- Identify margin improvement opportunities through the analysis of historical sales and pricing data, internal cost-to-serve data, customer and product segmentation, market trends and competitive positions.
- Develop plans and support the execution of deploying margin levers that improve product and channel profitability.
- Perform margin and pricing analysis to support key business initiatives as required.
10% Pricing System Support
- Work with the Pricing System Analyst and relevant staholders to ensure accuracy of pricing data, especially recipes, ingredient pricing, sustainability premiums, and freight.
- Support Pricing System Analyst and CCCNA Project Coordinator in resolution of pricing tool issues or SAP
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Math or related field
- Minimum 5 years of business experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in strategic business analysis with a demonstrated ability to provide recommendations for sales and pricing strategy and tactics
- Experience utilizing SAP or equivalent ERP systems
- Experience in data visualization software such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Proven ability with respect to critical thinking and problem solving
- Experience with financial quantities analysis and analytics (NPV, ROI, ROIC, etc.)
Education (includes formal education, certifications, accreditations, etc.)
- Master’s Degree or Higher
- Track record of delivering results and managing a PnL
- Strong business acumen
- Can simultaneously manage multiple high priority projects, competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to translate data/information into strategic insights, then communicating into tangible and consumable actions to the Sales Team
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively influence customers, employees, and senior management
- An ability to influence others outside of formal reporting relationships
- Relentless determination and courage to get things done, particularly in a new and evolving industry
- Strong attention to detail and an aptitude for learning
- Experience in strategic pricing: customer and product segmentation, value-based pricing, competitive intelligence, and price setting
- Experience in risk management, trading and/or merchandising
- Proven conceptual and strategic thinking skills and execution abilities
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a B2B (business to business) environment
- Multiple years of experience in the food industry
- CPG experience
- Proven strong negotiation skills
- Proficiency in using pricing software like PROS, Zilliant, Vendavo, etc.