The Engineering Site Leader, AGCO Grain and Protein will plan, organize and execute projects defined in Global Roadmaps, according to parameters agreed and planned in Strategic Business Plans. This role will participate as a part of the Engineering Core Team, to develop and execute Global Roadmaps and Strategic Business plans under the guidance of Product Engineering Directors, and/or develop and execute Solution Engineering under the Matrix guidance of the Solutions Delivery Lead.
This position will:
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering Directors to develop Global Product Roadmaps and Strategic Business Plans (budgets) that achieve innovative, customer-centric products and services, at appropriate cost, quality, and timeliness.
- Develop and execute projects for new product designs and upgrades in existing products in accordance with Global Product Roadmaps according to Strategic Business Plan guidelines.
- Manage teams and projects at the assigned site, to achieve innovation, timeliness, right cost, and right quality in product developed
- Collaborate as a part of the Engineering Core Team (ECT) to assure AGCO Grain and Protein engineering strategies and actions are coherent across all sites and product platforms, consistent with the corporate strategic plan and are targeted to achieve or exceed profitability, sales revenue, cash flow, market share and return on capital objectives.
Job Function and Responsibilities
- Support Product Engineering Directors to develop Product Roadmaps and Strategic Business Plans to guide development of customer-centric, innovative new products. Provide estimates of resources required for each project identified for execution at his/her site.
- Assure that the processes, systems and organization are configured to deliver the most value to the customer considering value, timeliness, innovation, quality and cost.
- Lead local Product Engineering team in project execution, striving for continuous improvement and consistent implementation.
- Provide leadership to the team in support of:
- Assessing new technologies and components that can be incorporated into future products
- Developing local talent, utilizing AGCO global HR systems and methods
- Identifying new Service offerings that can be offered through AGCO products (new and existing)
- Localizing Global Platforms to meet local requirements
- Supporting ETO (Engineering to Order) in support of sales with transparency, timeliness, and profitability.
- Supporting Solution Delivery Team (if applicable) in delivering customized solutions, on target.
- Supporting current product with problem resolution, Cost Optimization, and ongoing support
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 – 10 years of experience in large, international manufacturing company
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a variety of engineering, managerial level jobs
- Solid financial experience and business judgment
- Direct reports – up to 9 direct reports
- Indirect reports – 10 to 40
- Matrix reports – none
Budget P&L ResPONSIBILITY
Responsibility for allocating, tracking, and reporting $1 – $10m Site Engineering budget
SPAN OF STRATEGIC DIRECTION
- Local Site Leadership, Technical Team
- Site-level impact to Grain and Protein products
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Support creation and execution of agreed Product portfolio, Project Portfolio, and 5-year strategic plan
- Adherence to annual Budget and Manpower strategies that achieve maximum portfolio delivery, Product Quality, Manufacturability, and Cost
- Manage local team and projects to achieve Roadmap and SBP objectives within site budget, processes, and culture
- Talent acquisition and development to meet long term staffing requirements
- Systems development in collaboration with the ECT to achieve global synergies in tools and process, in support of global collaboration.
AGCO offers competitive benefits including options and choices to fit your needs such as medical, dental, prescription drug, life and accident insurance, long and short term disability, matching 401k plan, employee assistance program, and discounted home and auto insurance.
AGCO Grain & Protein is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.
Nearest Major Market: Springfield
Job Segment: Manager, Engineer, Product Manager, Senior Product Manager, Management, Engineering, Operations, Marketing