Cargill’s Starches, Sweeteners & Texturizers – North America generates nearly $450m of Operating Earnings per annum. The Group is diverse, ranging across Food, Feed, Bio-Industrial and Texturizing products. The FP&A Analyst will dynamically support the Group. Key areas of focus will be supporting strategy development, measuring value creation, and guiding capital deployment. This individual will ensure necessary financial rigor, process and analytics are in place. The individual will have a strong commercial mindset with clear views on the needs of the business. Through deep commercial knowledge and financial rigor, the individual will create value by partnering and influencing the business.
60% Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Serves as a key financial resource for the Starches, Sweeteners & Texturizers business. Leverages strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills to support the financial course for the business.
- Thinks laterally, identifying new metrics and analytics to quantify the value created across businesses.
- Supports the strategic planning process of the business. Demonstrates external awareness by understanding, translating and providing insight against competitor and industry trends – and how those could impact the unit’s performance and strategy.
- Integrates and interprets disparate sources of data using a broad range of analytical data tools. Incorporates use of statistical methodology and predictive modelling techniques.
- Supports the in-year performance management of the business, measured by profit improvement (wider margins), lower costs and improved working capital.
- Demonstrates strong commercial acumen. Able to understand the business (products, customers, processes) and their key drivers of success (how they make money, what the business costs are)
- Supports to the unit’s Supply & Demand Planning (S&OP, IBP) process.
- Analyzes and challenges new product development. Develops necessary financial projections, sensitivities and related returns. Provides necessary “challenge” when necessary.
- Delivers clear presentations, including defending positions on controversial topics. Adapts style to continuously seek ‘win win’ solutions.
- Support the Ethanol and Corn Oil business. Support the trading business line.
20% Process Improvement:
- Develop analytics and reports to support the team in driving consistent use of business support tools (JDE/SAP).
- Utilize and improve existing frameworks and reports to enhance the analytical environment in operations.
- Establish new key performance metrics where appropriate.
20% Ad Hoc Project Support:
- Provide analytical support for the Business Segment/Group FP&A activity.
- Active participation in various business finance initiatives and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Finance, Business related degrees or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Proven commercial experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to influence, both peers and superiors
- Strong team building and interpersonal skills
- Ability develop long-term strategic plans
- Excellent MS Excel skills and proficiency in MS PowerPoint
- Ability to travel (10-20%)
- Preferred experience would be in commodities trading, trading risk management.
- Previous experience in non-finance functions (e.g., Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing, Strategy)
- Previous SAP experience
- Previous experience with Big Data & Statistical Modelling
- Previous experience with Crystal Ball
- Career Development
- This position has the potential to lead during a period of transformation within the Business Unit and Function. This includes the opportunity to participate in the shaping of the finance function for a $5 bn business. Future roles could be senior planning and analysis managers, product line leadership, etc. A successful candidate will demonstrate a strong capacity to leverage conceptual skills and demonstrate leadership during a time of change.