Melon Acres is a three-generations deep, produce and grain operation in Oaktown, IN. We pride ourselves on being the leaders in cutting-edge practices; from being the first to use rye strips and plastic mulch to harvest crops to installing the first computerized asparagus sorter in eastern U.S., we continuously strive to be a progressive operation. We grow over 1,000 acres of produce and 1,500 acres of grain along with 3 acres of high tunnel greenhouses. We grow asparagus, cantaloupes, sweet corn, watermelon and more.
We are seeking a motivated individual to fulfill the role of Sprayer Operator / General Farm Hand.
This role can be fulltime or seasonal (6-8 months out of the year, typically April through October)-your choice.
- Mixes chemicals as required for row crops and vegetables
- Operates sprayers and sprayer equipment on row crops and vegetables, based on predetermined spraying schedule. Understands the spraying schedule may change based on crop production, weather and other factors
- Keeps and maintains spray records on all fields
General Farm Hand
- Repairs and maintains farm equipment as needed
- Assists with field work as assigned
In order to be considered for this exciting opportunity, we would like you to meet the following qualifications:
- Experience operating a sprayer and other agriculture equipment
- Must have strong mathematical skills which will be useful when mixing chemicals
- CDL is preferred but not required
- Great attitude is highly valued
- Must align with Melon Acres core values: Family, Quality, Teamwork, Courage, Achievement, Honesty and Happiness
- Must be a self-motivated individual who is willing to learn
- Ability to work well with others
- Must be willing to work long hours (often 10-12 hour days during busy season)
To be considered for employment please click apply or send resume and salary requirements to Jake Horrall at email@example.com, or visit melonacres.com for an employment application.