Perform functions necessary to ensure night or day spray schedules are followed. Oversee and guide the activities of 8-10 employees. Follows directions given by Supervisors as to equipment movement, duties to be performed, and other tasks as given.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Coordinate and supervise scheduled work and personnel at direction of Spray Supervisor.
- Assist with training in job responsibilities and safety procedures.
- Make needed adjustments, identify problems, repairs and perform field level maintenance to spray equipment.
- With Supervisors assistance, perform calculations and calibrations as needed for mixer rates.
- Complete and send daily completion reports on spray activity.
- Ensure that crew performs service and maintenance on equipment.
- Ability to operate wheel tractors, sprayers, nurse trucks, and mixers.
- Direct crew to ensure that equipment is kept clean and properly maintained for safe operation.
- Perform other responsibilities related to farming or as directed by supervisor.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Ability to work reliably as a part of a team, independently and with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer skills or willingness to learn (email, scan reports, basic writing skills)
- Be able to lift 50 lbs. on a continuous basis and 100 lbs. on occasion.
- Be able to do continuous bending, stooping and walking daily.
- If operating a company vehicle must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Have adequate leadership and communication skills to direct, schedule and coordinate personnel and services.
- Bilingual English/Spanish desired
- Wonderful Giving — a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees’ hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program – $1,000 per exempt referral; $500 per non-exempt referral
- Full benefits package — Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
Wonderful Citrus is America’s largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.