SUMMARY: Sow farm supervisors are responsible for managing the day-to-day tasks of the farm, ensuring production targets are met, and supervising the employees on the farm.
RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned at management’s discretion.
* Training of employees on day-to-day processes and procedures and developing a competent workforce by utilizing hands-on training methods.
* Creating and managing employee work schedules and maintaining accurate personnel paperwork, including performance evaluations and providing constructive and timely feedback to employees.
* Performing audits of the farm to ensure all standard operating procedures are being followed and facilities are in good working condition.
* Ensuring that all daily and weekly production targets are met, as well as completing and submitting production analysis reports in a timely manner.
* The care and conditioning of sows on the farm.
* Submitting orders for farm supplies and maintenance needs.
REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents in the English language such as safety files, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds and sometimes push and/or move up to 300 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to waste material, feed and hog dust.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but sometimes very loud.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management. The employee must be able to work on assigned weekends (Saturday/Sunday) and be on call at all times of the day and week when assigned.
WHY JOIN SEABOARD FOODS?
* Traditional benefits include: competitive pay, affordable medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, retirement savings plans for full-time and active employees, flexible spending accounts, life/AD&D insurance, family life insurance and employee assistance program.
* Other benefits: career training and advancement, discounted pork products, employee referral bonuses, wellness programs, annual family events and discount programs.
ABOUT SEABOARD FOODS:
At Seaboard Foods, we create the most sought-after pork. Together, more than 5,000 employees in six states work in our farms, feed mills, and processing plant, to produce Prairie Fresh(R) pork, and at our wholly owned subsidiary High Plains Bioenergy, a producer of biogas, biodiesel and compressed natural gas. A top U.S. pork producer/processor and leading exporter to 30+ countries, we are committed to the pursuit of pork perfection, seeking a better way to produce wholesome pork and connect every step between our farms and family tables. This ensures the well-being of our animals, the environment, our employees and the communities we call home.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Visit the following URL for ore information: