Your tasks and responsibilities The primary responsibilities of this role, Soil Moisture Screening Intern, are to:
- Work on an irrigation management automation initiative to enable a customer interface tool on irrigation management by connecting and enabling a multi variable data model. The project will include the following:
- Data centralization: Work on a cross regional data centralization strategy and template;
- Model connectivity to variables: Connect all intended data sources to an irrigation model;
- Output interface and visualization: Create the output data visualization based on customer feedback;
- Output quarries to trigger automated decisions and alerts: Associate the output values to an irrigation schedule and alerts that need to be communicated;
- Output and hardware interface to trigger irrigations as scheduled: Interface to officially schedule to run recommended irrigations effortlessly.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled at a university in the U.S. pursuing a Bachelor”s or Master”s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Database Administration, or a related field;
- Must have attained minimum of Junior standing of undergraduate program;
- Experience with data science and automation, enterprise data solutions, model deployment and interface;
- Experience with Python, SQL, C# or C ;
- Valid driver”s license;
- Ability to relocate to island of Maui for the duration of the 3-month internship; transportation to Maui, Hawaii is provided by Bayer;
- Must be returning to school to continue program of study or to begin an advanced degree program upon completion of internship.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.