In Bayer”s Crop Science division, we shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that helps to nourish our growing world, preserve natural resources and deliver better solutions for all farmers. Using the creative spark that comes from human ingenuity, we seek to deliver world-class innovation, set new standards in sustainability, and drive our digital transformation. Our products include high-performance seeds & traits, crop protection solutions, and digital farming tools.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Software Engineering Intern, are to:
- Work with stakeholders from various business units to identify high value opportunities where virtual or augmented reality can make an appreciable difference to the business;
- Develop custom applications to address business needs and solve challenges including environment creation, object design and creation, texturing, substance design, UX, coding and scripting;
- Be an advocate for these technologies and always focus on showing business value;
- Maintain software development best practices including testing, version control, secure coding practices, etc.;
- Partner with other teams developing Virtual Reality/Aumented Reality(VR/AR) projects to guide their efforts and bring cohesion to Bayer Crop Science”s overall VR/AR
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor”s degree in Computer Science, STEM or Arts degree with emphasis on virtual technologies;
- Experience or knowledge of building 3D environments, games and/or experiences with Unity and Unreal Engine;
- Experience or knowledge of 3D modeling using tools such as Blender, 3ds Max and MODO;
- C# experience;
- Experience or knowledge of designing core game mechanics/interactions;
- Experience or knowledge of Visual Studio and GitHub.
- Experience in materials rendering and substance tools;
- Experience within the agriculture field;
- Experience with UI/UX best practices.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.