Your tasks and responsibilities The primary responsibilities of this role, Software Engineer Intern, are to:
- Work with users/scientists to define software system needs and build solutions to enable machine automation using sensors and IoT systems;
- Work in an agile team environment to complete projects;
- Explore and build features across the entire technical stack, from the database, all the way to the clients;
- Research new technologies and work on innovative solutions for business problems;
- Demonstrate curiosity and work proactively-with a desire to learn something new each day, think through difficult challenges, and work with the team to find solutions.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Current enrollment at an accredited university located in the U.S. pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field;
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals, code organization, Data Structures and Algorithms;
- Programming experience in one or more object-oriented languages including C#, Python, Go or Java;
- Experience with Web technologies, middleware and strong in database design and implementation;
- Experience building solutions for home networks, sensors, IoT devices and/or home/industrial control systems;
- Ability to demonstrate willingness to ask for help when needed and openness to giving and receiving constructive feedback is a must;
- Must be returning to school to continue degree program or to pursue an advanced degree upon completion of this summer internship.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.