In Bayer”s Crop Science division, we shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that helps to nourish our growing world, preserve natural resources and deliver better solutions for all farmers. Using the creative spark that comes from human ingenuity, we seek to deliver world-class innovation, set new standards in sustainability, and drive our digital transformation. Our products include high-performance seeds & traits, crop protection solutions, and digital farming tools.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Software Engineer Co-Op, are to:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with statisticians, data scientists, business users and other engineers to develop elegant software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage and work processes, investigating problem areas;
- Provide technical contributions in a fast-paced team environment to accelerate our efforts on building an analytics-driven product pipeline;
- Engage with customers including in ideation, design thinking and seeking rapid feedback;
- Gather user requirements, define system functionality and write code in various languages;
- Program well-designed, testable and efficient code;
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility;
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites;
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures;
- Comply with project plans and industry standards;
- Develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on usability.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Science in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science or Information Systems Management;
- System design with Service APIs/RESTful services;
- Relational database design and access (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL);
- Familiarity with cloud computing and AWS;
- Experience creating dashboards using R Shiny or Python Dash;
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Experience with visualization tool like Spotfire.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.