We are a team-oriented company with a high trust, entrepreneurial culture. We value our employees’ opinions, we have a strong work ethic, and are focused on growing great vegetables and developing our operations profitably. People who are most successful at CSS Farms are energetic, self-directed, and pragmatic.
This position works closely with the CSS Farms Storage Load out to manage storage and shipping for approximately 8,000 acres of potato production, annually.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and coordinate the load-out crew and equipment involved in filling and unloading storage’s.
- Work with chip sales manager and farm manager to coordinate the supply of raw product based on run schedule, quality, and logistical considerations.
- Work with Facilities and Equipment Managers to ensure buildings and equipment are maintained and operating properly.
- Monitor produce quality and implement quality control standards as directed by Farm Manager.
- Direct third-party freight operators through shipment process.
- Lead crop grading, storage, and storage filling operations, maintenance, and cleaning throughout the year.
- Keep accurate inventory of all product in storage’s.
- Maintain storage facilities ensuring high quality and low amounts of shrink on crop production.
- Monitor all aspects of mechanical and computer control panels.
- Coordinate and manage seed shipments and handling for spring planting
- Analyze storage control data and help maximize crop quantity and quality in collaboration with the Farm Manager and Agronomist.
- Maintain contact with outside groups including other farms, and associated industries.
- Work with the Farm Manager on yearly and long-range planning to meet cost, quality, and service goals.
- Take on other tasks and responsibilities, as needed.
- Walking and working outdoors in the elements.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Driving between farm sites to move samples and other supplies.
- Regularly handling objects of up to 65 lbs.
Expected Hours of Work
- Typical daily farm hours are 7 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Harvest and planting seasons are busy and may require longer hours and some weekends.
- Domestic travel is expected 1-2 times per month for about 1-2 days total.
Experience and Skills:
- A valid US driver’s license or the ability to obtain one and pass vehicle insurance verification.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in an Ag related field
- At least one year of experience coordinating the storage of crops.
- 3+ years’ experience managing storage/warehouse programs over a large geographic region.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
- Experience in logistics, distribution and crop and produce storage.
- Superior organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to train and work with operational teams on the farm.
- The ability to prioritize and re-prioritize, as needed in an ever-changing environment.
- A strong work-ethic and the ability to be self-directed while still valuing and collecting team input.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Market competitive salary
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- 401(k) plan options.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- A paid time off package.
- Tuition reimbursement options.
CSS Farms is an EOE.
CSS Farms expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.