Welcome to Bane-Welker Equipment! Our rich histories span more than 50 years servicing the needs of customers across Indiana, Ohio and beyond. We take pride in the measurable and meaningful difference we make in our customer’ businesses and are 100% employee owned.
We are currently seeking an experienced Service Technician to join our Service Department in our Remington, Plymouth, La Crosse or Winamac, Indiana locations. In this role you will be independently performing basic and complex diagnostic, service repair and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer owned agricultural equipment. This position will report to the Service Manager based in the Plymouth, Indiana Dealership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs repair and maintenance work on equipment, in accordance with time schedules as assigned by service manager.
- Makes certain that work assignment is correct, ask for clarification if there are questions.
- Maintains tools and equipment, and notify the service manager if tools need replacement, or new tools are needed.
- Maintains cleanliness of the working area and presents a neat and professional appearance.
- Maintains cleanliness of the customer’s equipment.
- Assists in expediting of parts orders to avoid wasting time.
- Notifies the service manager, dispatcher, and/or service salesman if delays are expected, or if a part needs to be ordered.
- Accounts for all time and material used.
- Completes and submits all daily documentation to the service manager in a timely manner.
- Consistently strive to improve percentage of billable hours to meet or exceed quota.
- Maintains vigilance for methods of effecting cost reductions or revenue increases and reports observations to the service manager.
- Transports and delivers or picks-up equipment, machines or parts as needed. Performs equipment checks both before and after transport to avoid transport damage claims, and gives customer instructions for basic operation.
- Performs set up or pre-delivery inspections on new or used equipment as prescribed by manufacturer’s manual.
- Immediately reports any malfunction or defects to service manager.
- Performs all service assignments promptly and efficiently with a minimum of re-work.
- Give special attention to repeat repairs, so the problem is corrected and future re-works are avoided.
- Keeps up their education on the product lines and maintains abreast of any changes.
- Maintains appropriate licenses and certifications.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the service manager.
Education and/or Experience:
2-year degree plus 3 years of experience OR equivalent years of experience.
- A customer centric and “be of service” attitude.
- Proven knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and techniques used in the repair of agricultural equipment.
- Outstanding knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Mechanical ability and familiarization with testing equipment and diagnostic procedures.
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Bane-Welker offers a competitive salary
- Employer Health benefits
- 100% ESOP (EMPLOYEE STOCK OWNERSHIP PROGRAM)
- 401(K) with employer matching
- Plus a great work environment
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in a maintenance shop and outdoor environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active customer and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to sitting, standing, climbing, lifting, grasping, reaching, stooping, crouching, speaking, listening and motor coordination.
BANE-WELKER EQUIPMENT IS 100% EMPLOYEE OWNED AND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER