Hitchcock Inc. began in 1961 as a family-owned manufacturer of sugar beet equipment in Burlington, CO. Since then we have diversified our services to the farming industry and introduced many new products and services. We built another location in Goodland, KS in 1999 to better meet our customer’s needs in Northwestern Kansas. Both locations are proud to be Valley Irrigation dealerships. We are able to provide our farming customers in Eastern Colorado and Western Kansas with fast, reliable service and trusted knowledge to help their operations remain profitable.
We are currently looking for a Full-time Service Technician for our Burlington, CO and Goodland, KS locations. As a Service Technician, you will provide quality customer service while using your mechanical abilities to repair, recondition, and assemble customer’s new or used irrigation equipment in the field. Our best technicians have a mechanical background with knowledge in electrical components either in center pivot irrigation systems, heavy equipment, agriculture equipment, construction or military.
Why work for us? If you enjoy the outdoors, working hands on with Ag equipment we offer a great opportunity for growth and access to training and support to advance and achieve your professional goals. At Hitchcock Inc., you will be an integral part of a highly functioning team, not just another employee. We offer great benefits such as health insurance, 401k, and paid time off. Compensation is highly DOE, starting at $15.00/hr.
What you would be doing:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and conduct mechanical repair on center pivot, linear and corner irrigation systems using test equipment and tools to determine root cause. Basic electrical repair, gear boxes, leaks etc.
- Work directly with farm growers in order to communicate repairs made, share available products and services to meet their needs and provide instruction on operating irrigation and Ag equipment
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, blueprints, diagrams and operations manuals
- Participate in training and company meetings
- Complete service reports, order parts, and maintain clear customer records
- Actively communicate with other team members to ensure service is completed accurately and efficiently
- Communicate with customer while on job site to gain a better understanding of the services needed, and continue to inform the customer of service progress
This job would be for you if you have:
- 2-3 years’ experience in maintenance and repair of electrical or mechanical systems related to irrigation or ag equipment
- Welding experience
- Ability to work year-round overtime and in the outdoors
- Ability to communicate clearly with our customers in agriculture, management, and other employees
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Ability to use service related technology and basic computer functions
- Valid driver’s license is required, clean driving record and background check
- CDL license would be helpful, but not required
- Attention to details, positive attitude and desire to provide outstanding, professional customer service