Central Valley Ag (CVA) is a member-owned farmers' cooperative headquartered in York, NE with locations throughout Nebraska, Kansas and Iowa. Established in 2003, CVA has over 900 employees and is an innovative leader providing products and services in grain, agronomy, feed, and energy. You can find more information about Central Valley Ag by visiting www.cvacoop.com.
We're hiring a Service Technician at our Le Mars, Iowa location. As an Energy Service Technician at Central Valley Ag, you will be responsible for servicing, installing and repairing propane related accessories and fixtures in a timely and safe manner, for commercial, residential and agricultural customers. You will also provide safe, courteous and efficient transportation solutions for the delivery of petroleum products and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides customer service in a timely and accurate manner to increase customer satisfaction, maintain the reputation of the company, and the profitability of the division.
- Respond to customer emergencies
- Installation of propane tanks and heaters
- Diagnose and repair heaters, such as LB white, tube heaters or hog house brooders
- Attend regular safety and industry training
- Prospect for new customers
- Preforms all applicable safety and leak detection tests to propane systems as required
- Maintains adequate inventory of necessary equipment and accounts for the on-hand quantities
- Ensures accurate billing of products and services
- Maintains division equipment and vehicles for safe and proper operating condition
- Maintains relationships with equipment vendors and related trade associations
- Ensures efficient delivery of liquid propane within the trade territory according to customer and company requirements
- Collects delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and Routes
- Maintains logs of working hours or of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations
- Obtains receipts or signatures for delivered goods
- Obtains and maintains certification in the delivery of fuel
- Other duties as assigned