Position Purpose & Summary
The Service Owner – Talent is responsible for building and maintaining a strong relationship with component technology leads and service managers, HR leads, and the HR BRMs. The position is responsible to create and execute on a holistic and best practice approach to delivering end-to-end integrated business service for HR. The position drives value through adherence to compliance policies, harmonizing and aligning service level requirements, and ensuring costs are optimized.
The Service Owner combines technical, process and business knowledge with a strong customer focus to deliver effective internal business/IT account management and rigorous IT supplier (internal & external) service level management. This position will drive standardization of services, establishment of service level agreements with the business, reporting on quality of services and continuous improvement planning.
50% Service Management
- Manage end to end integrated business service delivery across all component areas (e.g. applications, integrations, business services).
- Manage service issues and critical situations (severe and structural SLA breaches) within service operations (E.g. setup SWAT teams, establish crisis committees; manage communication to the business, etc.)
- Define, document and activate a service catalog with service level requirements for IT and business services and manage service agreements/contracts
- Aligns with Service Provider(s) on day to day Application Managed Services activities to ensure incidents, service request and change requests are properly addressed and communicated with the business
- Participate in overall HR applications portfolio roadmap and program planning to represent the service operations perspective ensuring service provider is prepared to support the program, and as projects move from development into a sustain mode service introduction is properly planned and executed
- Manage regular service/OLA and contract reviews with both internal and external service suppliers and include colleagues throughout IT & HR as appropriate.
- Prepare and present service strategy, service reports & measurements, identifying trends and patterns of interest
- When required define, agree and document OLAs (operating level agreements) that facilitate collaboration between and beyond IT silos and service suppliers.
- Actively participate in supplier engagement by reviewing and agreeing relevant service schedules and underpinning contracts
- Represent business interests and needs during service reviews with internal and external service suppliers
- Accountable for setting up and managing a Change and Release Management process that aligns to overall Cargill Global IT practices and policies
- Promote best practice throughout IT & HR globally and support colleagues introducing process improvements.
30% Service Delivery
- Partner with HR on business strategy and aligning IT strategy, projects, services & resource needs
- Develop strategic resource and delivery plans to satisfy long term view of demand in alignment with BU and Global IT Strategy.
- Partner with HR and Cargill Business Services (CBS) to effectively leverage internal and external capabilities.
- Champion project delivery efforts; working with PM’s and project teams to work through barriers and challenges, driving successful project delivery.
- Identify and implement opportunities to leverage synergies across application and component technology teams and HR business service areas.
- Champion, lead, and align in activities to enable Global IT & HR strategy and initiatives.
- Build and maintain a partnering relationship with the IT business partners; provide a single Service Operations focal point for Business/Function Leaders for their tactical service needs pertaining to the payroll applications and component technologies.
- Act as an escalation point within Global IT for Platform/BU IT business partners
- Participate in driving the rationalization and harmonization for HR applications, component technologies, products and serviceAssist IT business partners with the ongoing capturing and translation of business requirements into service requirements and service demand.
- Actively lead and consult with Business(es)/Functions in the appropriate use and deployment of service solution capabilities and services (e.g. inputs to Platform business plans, advice on overall cost management opportunities, etc.).
- Develop and execute strategies to effectively and efficiently deliver application maintenance and support activities across the portfolio of HR related applications and technologies.
10% Relationship and service management
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external service providers including SOWs, SLAs, KPI and metric measurement and management ensuring continuous improvement process & operational leadership performance in alignment with expectations of the business.
- Ensures processes and tools are executed and implemented consistently in alignment with end to end service delivery. Play the primary contact for HR solutions & component technology applications for implementation of application support processes (incident, change, release, problem, service management).
- Continuously improve connection between IT and HR, working with and through Business Partners/BRMs.
- Lead and participate in relevant governance teams to communicate/manage service levels, drive projects, and manage vendors needed to help prioritize and manage investments for applications.
- Prepare, lead, and own the establishment of end to end service in alignment with service management strategy and capability including application & service roadmap creation and management in partnership with enterprise process and application domain strategy.
10% People Leadership
- Administer/oversees general workforce administration policies and programs in the areas of communications, staffing, training, evaluations, disciplinary actions and safety.
- Develop planning for future workforce needs in direct control and participates in the selection of employees.
- Responsible for developing strong leaders and in a global, diverse workforce by seeking multiple approaches to source/attract diverse talent. Incorporates diversity in succession planning and job fulfillment.
- Communicate key decisions, Cargill information and other enabling information to team
- Accountable for medium-term outlook workforce planning and for performance management, talent development, succession planning, coaching, and engagement for team.
- Lead and implements systems and processes to maintain a highly engaged workforce. Holds direct reports accountable for actively addressing engagement issues and identifies/leverages best practices in engagement. Ensure delivery of quality work product by team.
**This position must be based in the Hopkins, MN location (i.e. Twin Cities). 100% remote option is NOT available for this position due to the nature of the work.**
Education, Experience, Skills
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Management Information Systems; OR equivalent experience
- 10 years of IT and business/industry work experience
- 5 years’ experience managing the delivery of services in a matrixed environment with a diverse portfolio of suppliers both internal and external
- Ability to work across multiple functional teams to set direction, build consensus and solve problems
- 2 years of incident and crisis management experience in a large scale, high availability organization
- Demonstrated experience with leading change initiatives, within an IT context, and in a complex, multi-faceted environment
- Service design and implementation
- Strong knowledge of Service management processes and practices
- Demonstrated strong and effective communications skills and working relationships with colleagues throughout IT and the business at management level
- Demonstrated skill in managing the delivery of services provided by third parties and internal IT providers through definition and maintenance of SLA’s
- Knowledge of Infrastructure technologies and business applications, and their relationships
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to lead global teams
- Business fluency in English
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Master’s degree in Business or IT
- Experience with HR services (e.g. Recruiting/Talent Acquisition, Onboarding, Learning & Development (L&D))
- Experienced in Project Management
- Strong background in ITIL or similar process oriented framework
- Experience with in-house developed and package implementations.
- Knowledge of and experience with Change Management
- Experience in Influential leadership driving results in a matrix and supplier based organization.
- Tools experience (e.g. Taleo, SuccessFactors, Digital Learning Management systems, etc.)