At Agtegra Cooperative, our devotion to superior service, relentless innovation and member success is at the forefront of everything we do. We give members access to the best products, services and in-field assistance to maximize their production. We offer our team best in class benefits and the potential to grow your career throughout our 60 locations in North and South Dakota. We believe in hiring the best to serve our member owners and investing in our team members to help them meet their career goals.
The SVP of Agronomy will provide leadership for the Crop Protection, Fertilizer, Seed and Precision Ag and Technical Services business units at Agtegra. This position is responsible for the overall strategy, marketing, sales, direction, coordination and evaluation of these areas. Serves as a member of the leadership team of Agtegra and participates in the overall direction and strategic vision of the cooperative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead strategic direction for the Agronomy Division including the functional areas of Crop Protection, Fertilizer, Seed and Precision Ag, Technical Services and sales ensuring that products and services are offered in the market place at a competitive value to our customers.
- Work with functional leads to build and implement tactical action plans from a product and service marketing perspective to support strategic imperatives.
- Understand the Agronomy marketplace from a value and competitive standpoint and develop strategic plan on agronomy sales and market perspective.
- Maintains current knowledge of the market and technology in the agricultural industry.
- Supports and encourages cross-divisional collaboration in all areas of the company.
- Manages high level directors and leaders within the organization to maximum performance. Coaches, develops and challenges high potential employees to ensure continual learning and development of direct reports.
- Oversees and collaborates with the Precision Ag Director to set the strategic direction of Agtegra’s Precision Ag program.
- Provides leadership to Marketing Directors in the development and implementation of short and long-term plans regarding product purchasing, placement, programs and people in the market.
- Form communication channels with Agronomy Operations to ensure smooth delivery of products, programs and services to our customers.
- Participate in the development and maintain the operating budget for department. Expectation is to work within the frame of approved budgets and forecasts.
- Maintains open communication with fertilizer and chemical distributors, precision ag and seed suppliers.
- Challenge organization design to deliver value to our customers and organization. Be a change agent.
- Serve as an advocate for the agricultural industry and represent Agtegra in industry associations and committees.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior talent management experience is helpful. Computer competency required. Agricultural Coop or retail experience is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or scheduled form.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (M.S. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Internet.
- Excellent change management skills required. Ability to make formal presentations on a variety of work-related topics on a regular basis required. Ability to travel to Agtegra’s’ locations throughout SD and ND and other trips as needed.