Welcome to AgHires! We are a leader in recruiting and job advertising for the agriculture, agribusiness, food production, produce, and horticulture industries. We pride ourselves on deep partnerships, open communication, and integrity to deliver top talent. Our clients are within the United States as well as Canada and range from mid-size to Fortune 100 companies. We have a differentiated approach to recruiting and share the same passion our clients have for the food and ag industry.
We're hiring for a full-time Senior Recruiter. In this role, you will work closely with our clients to provide full-cycle recruitment for professional and executive roles. You will partner with the client to determine objectives, hiring needs, and the best recruitment strategy. Our team enjoys working with our clients on an exclusive or retained search utilizing their company name during our search process. This role requires heavy passive candidate sourcing and utilizing various tools for reach-outs. Our contracts are designed to fill the role and not like your typical contingency recruiting which means you need to stay focused even on the tough-to-fill.
You would be responsible for all activities for a given role including passive candidate sourcing, interviewing and client management. While all of us share a passion for connecting with new clients, our dedicated sales and marketing team are the ones who bring in new business so our recruiters can focus on what they do best.
You will be joining a highly driven and intelligent team. Our culture is fun, productive, and fast-moving. We are all entrepreneurial at heart and enjoy solving our customers' talent needs.
Although our headquarters is based in Temperance, MI (SE MI), you may be based remotely from your home with occasional travel to headquarters.
We offer a base compensation highly dependent on the individual along with an incentive program with unlimited earning potential. We provide a 401K program with 3% company match, three weeks of vacation and holiday pay.
Our ideal hire brings
- 5+ years of recruitment/ talent acquisition of mid- to executive candidates; strong preference for individuals with agriculture industry recruiting or strong understanding of the ag industry
- Proven ability to manage client expectations and flexibility to adjust to various client needs
- A naturally competitive nature determined to work through difficult to fill positions
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
What you would be doing
- Acquire understanding of the job requirements, company, competencies, skills, and knowledge
- Strategically source candidates utilizing full tools and resources available
- Maintain strong relationships with candidates and clients; clear communication & expectations
- Conduct behavioral based interviews and competency evaluations
- Continue to build our pipeline of candidates
- Serve as subject matter expert on market trends, target industries, and roles.
- Openly express your ideas and opinions while working on team projects
- Continuously expand your knowledge of the food and agriculture industry
- Maintain accurate ATS
- Utilize your own unique skill set and interests outside of recruiting, through writing articles, leading special topic discussions, or creating informational videos