Preferred locations are: Savannah, GA OR Byesville, OH Area, in order to be at or near the plant locations. Up to 30%+ travel may be required – depending on project(s) location.
The Engineer has the responsibility to lead and support engineering, systems integration, and process improvements through capital projects and operational efficiency projects within our manufacturing sites. This position will concurrently support multiple projects at one or more facilities throughout the organization.
Every day you will Identify operational challenges, analyze and develop solutions for improvements to support capital projects. Develop designs & process specifications using complex calculations, prepare flow sheets, scope of work documents, and drawings necessary to satisfy project requirements.
- Be on the floor with the teams to make productivity improvements -analyze and evaluate project designs and ensure compliance with engineering principles and company standards for food processing; including sanitary design, operational efficiency, health, safety, and environmental sustainability.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to detail operations of new equipment or revise SOPs to reflect changes to operations, as the result of modifications to existing equipment.
- Write, debug, and troubleshoot process control logic using Kerry standard software including: programmable logic controllers (PLCs), human-machine interfaces (HMIs), and reporting, alarming, and trending software. Assist site engineering in the troubleshooting of plant instrumentation.
- Develop process specifications and systems by making calculations, preparing process flow diagrams (PFDs), piping and instrumentation drawings (P&IDs), site and floor plans, elevation drawings, utilities matrices, and other project documentation as applicable.
- Oversee all phases of assigned projects from inception to final operation. Responsibilities include project planning, estimating, reporting, organizing project staff, coordinating, scheduling, installation, commissioning, and financial control.
If you’re up to the challenge and have the following qualifications and background, please apply.
- Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably a Chemical or Mechanical Engineering Degree?
- Do you bring demonstrated (8+ years) years Engineering experience and 5+ in Project engineering related to Food, Beverage, or Pharmaceutical?
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Versed in project schedules, cost estimates, PFDs, P&IDs, site and elevation drawings, utilities requirements development, interpretation of P&IDs, with a good understanding of process and instrumentation control.
- Would be a plus to have experience with Liquid Beverage Processes, tanks, boiler installation and replacement, wastewater treatment system & automatic palletizer etc.