Our client drives packaging innovation for some of the most influential consumer brands in the world with a global footprint of 100+ facilities across 16 countries and a committed team of 7,000+.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing all aspects of the plastic package from concept to implementation. This includes preform design, developing the process, closure to meet the application requirements.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Designs PET Preform and Container.
- Develops process to meet performance requirements, including barrier.
- Review product failure data and interpret laboratory tests and analyze results to establish or rule out material and process causes.
- Coordinates customer sample requirements.
- Evaluate and approve process changes and controls expenditures.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Develop and Implement Process Training for plant personnel responsible for operating and maintaining equipment.
- Keeping up with latest industry technology advancements.
- Provides technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications, technical plans, and product testing using DOE methodology for scale up.
- Reviews product design
- Coordinates activities with cross functional teams concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems. Updates project team members using related software tools.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Stays close to market trends recommending attainable technical solutions for potential conversion opportunities by keeping a pulse on the market.
- Travel up to 50% may be required.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- BS in Chemical Engineering or related plastics degree or equivalent experience
- Eight plus years hands on experience.
- Two-step & Single-step PET process experience a plus.
- Injection Molding IMM manufacturing platform experience.
- Filling and Capper Experience.
- Strong attention to detail, coordination of multiple projects and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Adaptability to changing work assignments.
- Flexibility with duties.
- Complete discretion and ability to work with confidential information.
- Conceive, design, plan, and execute experiments in an R&D lab.
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) experience.
- Thorough knowledge of molding components and injection tooling.
- Excellent oral and technical writing skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- 2D/3D design skill a plus.
- Use technical experience to drive innovation and communicate more efficient processes and procedures.
- Very flexible and adaptable to change.
Proficient in one or more of the following systems:
- Complex Mechanical System
- Fluid Powered Hydraulic Systems w/Servo and Proportional Valve Control
- Melt Flow / Hot-Runner Management
Full benefits package
Relocation assistance (negotiable)