Bunge (www.bunge.com, NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oil seed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve in over 60 countries. The company has 31,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 360 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain silos, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
This position’s main responsibility is to analyze, control and provide insights, visibility and governance around the company’s Capital Investment process. The Senior Manager, Global Capital Investments will support the Sr. Director, Global Capital Investments in managing the Capital Investments process, portfolio, and ensure the high quality of project applications across the entire company. In order to fulfill this objective, the Manager will provide financial analysis and recommendations on the capital expenditure (“CAPEX”) pipeline, track and report actual CAPEX, lead the monthly CAPEX forecast process, track all project applications submitted to the various bodies of authority, maintain a list of past project applications and their status and elaborate presentations for the various stakeholders.
The Senior Manager, Global Capital Investments will also act as the keeper of the company’s Capital Investment Policy and ensure all projects are undergoing the review and approval process contemplated in the Policy. In addition, this position will support the Sr. Director, Global Capital Investments in the strategic planning modelling for the company, including the future CAPEX planning, ensuring its alignment with the company’s strategic objectives.
In addition, this position will manage the Post Implementation Review process, which reviews the performance of approved projects that are currently operational.
- Guarantee safety at work (on-the-job safety) in the area of responsibility, compliance in current company’s safety policy as well as all existing laws in operational safety, in the respective valid version and general legislation. Cooperate with the safety officers to eliminate unsafe working conditions in the area of responsibility.
- Assist the Sr. Director, Global Capital Allocation Investments in managing and re-thinking the Capital Allocation process, including the creation of new reports, new forms of analysis, processes, policies, etc.
- Capital investments tracking and forecasting: manage monthly CAPEX forecast; track actual CAPEX vs. forecast, CAPEX audits; develop estimated forecast for other capital investments to create a comprehensive forecast (i.e., investment in affiliates, associate loans, M&A, etc); prepare documents to update Executive Committee and Board regarding capital investment projects status, related expenditures and forecasted expenditures. Maintain a list of all projects submitted for approval and status (the “pipeline”)
- Capital Investment Budgeting: manage the annual business plan process with regards to CAPEX, investment in affiliates, associate loans and divestitures by interacting with Segments and Operating Companies, collecting and consolidating data, proposing allocations, and reporting. Raise any capex budget issues when appropriate. Additionally, perform similar work in the context of the annual Strategic Plan process.
- Post-Implementation Review: manage the Post Implementation Review process, which reviews the performance of approved projects that are now operational. Liase with Operating Companies, Internal Audit, FP&A team to select the projects, collect data and analysis from the various projects and elaborate materials for the Board of Directors and the Capital Planning Committee
- Capital investments support: reach out to Operating Companies and Segment project teams to proactively discuss projects and provide feedback to elevate the quality of work that reaches formal reviews and to facilitate project progress;
- Capital investments discipline: uphold, collect feedback, and update, when needed, Bunge’s Capital Investments and Divestitures policy; become a reference for OpCo and Segment teams regarding the existing policy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required; MBA preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in Finance
- Prior experience within Bunge or in the industry is desired, as understanding Bunge’s complex business model will be an accelerator in the learning process
- Experience in strategic and financial planning and analysis
- Conversant with Corporate Finance concepts
- Prior experience/exposure to Hyperion (HFM)
- Deep understanding of Financial Statements and how they are interrelated with the ability to connect the impact of his/her work to the various financial statements
- Motivated, self starter with the ability to engage others by communicating a compelling picture of the future to work collectively towards common goals
- Ability to work effectively and navigate Bunge’s global organization decentralized to meet timelines/objectives
- Attention to detail, Process orientation, statistical analysis skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking skills with a focus on performance/results
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Nearest Major Market: St Louis
Job Segment: ERP, Strategic Planning, Manager, Sustainable Agriculture, Statistics, Technology, Strategy, Management, Agriculture, Data