Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest if not only way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won’t give up meat. So we need to make meat better more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods’ mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution-from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements below:
You will help design and optimize new food manufacturing processes, as well as lead continuous improvement of existing systems. You will work cross-functionally with R&D and Manufacturing teams to develop and improve processes at all levels of the organization.
- Develop and communicate process designs through the use of process flow diagrams
- Identify equipment and vendors to meet product and process requirements
- Independently source and implement equipment at bench, pilot, and manufacturing scale
- Collaborate with Product Innovation and Development to scale and optimize processes to produce high quality, safe products
- Develop scaled down manufacturing processes at bench and pilot scale
- Foster a collaborative learning environment and mentor junior engineers
- Travel up to 25% for FATs and plant trials
- Minimum of BS in an Engineering discipline
- 5+ years of experience in a food and/or beverage process manufacturing environment
- Experience in process engineering and design including creating PFDs and P&IDs
- Experience in scaling processes between bench, pilot, and manufacturing scales
- Experience in leading projects from concept through validation: equipment specification, installation, commissioning, qualification, and verification
- Experience with commercial cooking equipment and processes
- Experience in sanitary design, Sanitary 3-A, USDA, and FDA food processing as well as HAACP, OSHA, and other food production standards
- Experience with emulsified food products
- Strong analytical and problem-solving based on data
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.