Meet Your Next Favorite Opportunity!
The Sr Director, Global Operations Microbiology for Beckman Coulter is responsible for strategic leadership of manufacturing operations including; procurement, supplier management, production and process control, warehousing, distribution, environmental health and safety
You will be a part of the Microbiology team and report to the President responsible for overseeing the manufacture of products and provision of services that achieve customer satisfaction.
If you thrive in a leadership role and want to work to build a world-class global operations organization read on.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide Global leadership and direction in the manufacture of panels, reagents, consumables, Spare Parts Manufacturing/ Kitting, Global Distribution, planning and inventory management and OEM supplier management and/or instruments, translating business strategy into operational plans and tactical activities.
- Ensure key strategies and decisions are communicated and understood by others.
- Lead adoption of Danaher Business System DBS throughout Beckman Coulter to improve quality, delivery, cost and innovation by applying tools and continuous improvement mind-set.
- Communicates and proactively works supply chain issues that can have company impact to customers, management, staff and suppliers.
- Ensure accurate and timely logistics and distribution of products.
- Collaborate worldwide cross-functionally to accomplish business objectives.
- Identify and pursue unique opportunities that will provide competitive advantage for the company.
The essential requirements of the job include:
- Bachelor s degree in life sciences, engineering, sciences or related discipline with 20+ years of experience, or Masters / Doctoral Degree with 18+ years experience – includes 6+ years managing people.
- Experience must include Manufacturing, Global Supply Chain, Operating in a regulated industry
- Previous experience as a leader in multi-discipline, multi-site operations (may require global experience), and ability to lead organization through transformational change.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- Strong business acumen with the ability to analyze and solve complex business and technical issues with effective business solutions
- Detailed understanding of Lean manufacturing tools and concepts along with a demonstrated track record for lean implementations and documented resulting success.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and within matrix to achieve business outcomes
- Highly developed process orientation and risk management skills
- Strong people leader with a track record of identifying and developing talent
- Prior experience in a lean or Six Sigma Culture
At Beckman Coulter, we are committed to advancing health care for every person by applying the power of science, technology and the passion and creativity of our teams to enhance the diagnostic laboratory s role in improving healthcare outcomes. Our diagnostic systems are used in complex biomedical testing, and are found in hospitals and other critical-care settings, reference laboratories and physician offices worldwide. We do important work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates careers.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher Operating Company. As a $20B company with 60,000 associates, ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and, during the past 25 years, DHR stock has outperformed the S&P 500 Index by more than 2,000 percent. The strength of our results is a testament to our teams and the power of the Danaher Business System. Our Purpose: Helping Realize Life s Potential is what makes us excited to come to work each day.
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Associated topics: bio, bioinformatics, biostatistics, biotechnology, genome, metabolism, neurobiology, pathophysiology, protein, toxicologist