The primary responsibilities of this role, Seed Technician, are to:
- Operate machinery / equipment for the production process and managing our grower network as applicable, ensuring that the production process happens safely, effectively and with quality in alignment with general procedures of the area;
- Mentor new employees, perform basic maintenance of equipment and handle basic activities in Bayer systems (SAP and electronic networks), commonly used in production processes;
- Operate equipment in the production sites and leveraging real-time data to maximize existing procedures;
- Perform preventive maintenance and inspections; troubleshooting problems associated with equipment, processes, and systems as needed;
- Perform site Responsible Researcher (SRR) duties ensuring adherence to stewardship processes and protocols that are completed accurately and timely. This includes field monitoring, grower communication, and documentation of activities;
- Support areas across the plant in driving the adoption of continuous improvement practices and programs (5S, Lean, Six Sigma) conducive to an organized and clean work environment. Utilize Focused Improvement (e.g., 5WHYs) techniques to initiate process and standard work improvements;
- Provide coaching and training to seasonal workforce, area trainees and peers supporting achievement and personal development;
- Ensure upstream activities (e.g., field inspection, grower contract) are handled within company standards and business requirements;
- Cultivate partnership with key business partners to plant / field operations (e.g., grower network);
- Use SAP SAP to support administrative procedures, documenting key readings, maintenance orders and production information. Maintain key process documentation (operating, start-up and shut-down procedures; standard work; process flow and instrumentation diagrams; etc.);
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to Bayer”s Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) standards (e.g. general shop floor/machine safety and operating procedures);
- Comply with internal procedures and support compliance with legal requirements applicable to area activities;
- Participate and prepare to lead Daily Direction Setting (DDS) meetings as needed; articulating shift objectives and allocating resources accordingly across all active production areas;
- Support and maintain metrics and relevant information on current Visual Management boards to drive teamwork and facilitate shift change over;
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 lbs. (a bag of seed) and have a valid driver’s license.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Basic knowledge of IT (Internet, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, facilities with systems);
- Valid driver’s license;
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 lbs (a bag of seed).
- Advanced education including technical, associate”s, or bachelor”s degree;
- Intermediate computer skills with experience using of SAP and PLC;
- Three years or more of manufacturing experience, with experience in chemical or row crop manufacturing;
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment with a 24/7 rotating shift schedule, including overtime as needed.
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.