We are seeking highly motivated Seed Technician Assistant Summer Associates to join our successful team for the Summer of 2020. This position is a 4-month term. The positions will be based in Lethbridge, AB.
- From your first day as a Summer Student you will be a contributing member of the team with meaningful responsibilities. Our goal is to provide interesting and challenging work while at the same time have fun and celebrate successes.
- We offer an orientation program, on the job training, a competitive compensation package, and this role provides you with opportunity to expand your knowledge.
- This is an ideal opportunity for anyone interested in pursuing a career in agriculture to experience working with a world class hybrid canola seed production team.
- Work independently or with members of our team on project specific activities and season work priorities
- Assist Seed Technicians with all aspects of hybrid canola seed production such as weed and disease identification, crop protection application timing, roguing and many others.
- Data collection and entry
- Being involved in community engagement projects and team building events
Who are you
Your success will be driven by your demonstrations of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possess the following:
- A current student pursuing an Associate”s (Diploma), Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree program, returning to school upon completion of the summer internship to continue program of study or begin an advanced degree in the fall
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Detail and results-orientation with the ability to work independently
- Strong motivational, organization, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work long hours as required.
- Valid driver”s license and a clean driving record
(Apply Early, Role may close sooner if a suitable candidate is secured)
Your application Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people”s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.