Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Seasonal Production Support
At Vermont Creamery, we strive to produce the highest quality cheeses and dairy products using local ingredients while supporting and developing family farms. We aim to exemplify sustainability by being profitable, engaging our staff in the business, and living our mission every day in the creamery. We care about creating a great work environment for our employees and being a positive contributor to the community and environment.
On those promises, we obtained the B-Corp certification back in 2014. Our dairy products have won more than 100 national and international awards. Our butters and cheeses populate some of the most prestigious cheese boards in America. But what makes us proudest perhaps is that we have sustained a team of family farms and creamery artisans. Together we thrive making simply great cheese for discerning, appreciative eaters, home cooks and discriminating chefs alike.
Under direction of the Creamery Supervisor, the Production Associate is responsible for covering all needed positions within Receiving, Pasteurization, Fresh Cheese, Butter, and Aged Cheese. This role is meant as a “floater”, assisting with covering vacation, breaks, call outs and short coverage. The Production Associate will work cross-functionally with Team Leads to determine the highest need.
This is a seasonal role, with an anticipated end date during September – December 2019.
HOURLY PAY RATE:
Flexibility will be needed as this role will potentially cover all shifts, but will primarily cover 1st and 2nd shifts.
Days could be Monday – Saturday.
Though days/hours will vary, the role will consistently maintain 40 hours per week.
* High School Diploma or GED
* 6 plus months of solid work experience in any industry
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to follow manufacturer’s specifications and direction
* 18 years or older
* Able to trouble shoot mechanical problems
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment
* Work in cold and/or hot temperatures throughout the day
* Adhere to all standard operating procedures (SOPs)
* Ability to demonstrate knowledge in their functions and ability to troubleshoot and fix system issues is preferred
* Self-reliant and able to accurately work under limited supervision
* Ensures a safe working environment while performing assigned tasks
* Customer focused and able to work in a collaborative team
* Ability to be flexible in work performed and schedule
* Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written instructions and possess basic mathematical skills
* Ability to lift/carry up to 40 lbs.
* Experience communicating work order progress to supervisor and production operators
* Knowledge of various pieces of high tech food manufacturing processing and packaging equipment. Examples include but are not limited to baggers, palletizers, and cookers.
Job Duties Include:
- Sets-up, dismantles, cleans, and sanitizes machinery.
- Assembles pipes, connects vats, pumps, and other equipment based on process.
- Prepares ingredients and records lot number accordingly.
- Enters proper code dates and uses appropriate packaging such as film, label, boxes, and tape.
- Runs machinery based on process, weight, and pack size.
- Controls the weight, takes frequent measurements, and adjusts machinery accordingly.
- Feeds packaging into machine while monitoring the seal, packaging, and coding accuracy.
- Takes pH, temperature, and moisture on all products.
- Places product properly in boxes and builds pallets according to specs.
- Tallies number of cases per pallet and writes pallet tags.
- Completes all quality and accounting paperwork.
- Washes cheese bags and storage tanks.
- Performs environmental cleaning.
- Follows all procedures, GMPs, Safety, Quality, and Sanitation plans.
- Collects samples for Quality Assurance, as needed.
- Coordinates with cheesemakers.
- Helps in tasks as assigned and/or where needed.
- Helps in other departments, as needed.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment, you will be walking, standing and engaging in movement throughout the day, and occasionally to frequently be required to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. Due to a large variety of job duties (both routine and non-routine), certain duties also may involve, a variety of physical activities including bending, lifting, stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms above shoulders and head, standing, working in enclosed areas, climbing stairs or ladders, and operating heavy machinery. The noise level in the work environment can vary but noise is usually low to moderate.
At times, you may be required to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety gloves, hearing protection, a respirator or dust mask, protective footwear and protective clothing or uniforms. Work may be performed in cold and/or hot temperatures and the environment can be dusty. Physical requirements further include the ability to engage in productive and collaborative communication with co-workers and work may need to be performed during non-standard hours, including nights and weekends. At times, the ability to work overtime also may be required. The ability to perform these requirements is necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The company engages in an interactive process to review requests for reasonable accommodations that may be needed to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform all the essential functions of the position. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to the hiring manager.
WAGE RANGE SALARY:
Land O’Lakes, Inc offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job offers are contingent upon a successful drug screen and background review.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy