The Grain & Agronomy Operations Attendant is responsible for grain handling and plant maintenance at the location.
Grain Quality & Handling
- Take responsibility for good grain condition, and monthly facility inspections, as by OSHA inspection standard.
- Maintaining grain inventory moistures and temperatures of silos and tanks.
- Performs the dumping and receiving of producers’ grain.
- Completes all assigned tasks according to work order estimates and their daily work schedule.
- Delivers to customers products and services that are sold by the branch on schedule.
- Displays reliable attendance and schedules time-off with advance notice.
- Keeps the Location Manager informed of operational, customer, vendors, or employee issues that may arise.
- Promotes the business with existing and potential customers.
- Projects a positive attitude to customers and employees at all times; exhibits good customer relations skills.
- Performs required preventative maintenance and have all preventive maintenance reports turned in on time.
- Assist in chemical shed with automated load out system.
- Assist with NH3 plant and dry fertilizer plant.
Safety & Organization
- Cleans up grain spills; assists in keeping all inside and outside work areas extremely neat and orderly.
- Continuously follows the company employee policies, safety guidelines and safety programs established by Key Cooperative.
- Completion of safety reports and required records.
- Assists with grain movement between bins as needed; assists in emptying bins as needed using proper bin entry procedures.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Pest Control Applicators License of grade 7-E would be beneficial.
- Class A CDL with Endorsements preferred.
- A minimum of a registered technician, or a 1-A applicator’s license preferred.
About Key Cooperative
Key is a member-owned, rural Iowa cooperative serving agriculture producers.
With locations in 13 communities and 6 counties, Key Cooperative provides Agronomy, Energy, Feed, and Grain with a small-town, yet professional feel. Our employees take pride in our identity and they’re committed to the success of our owners by delivering innovation, leadership, and performance.
If you’re looking for a place where you can grow and be proud of what you do each day – you can find this kind of career at Key Cooperative. Apply below!