The primary responsibilities of this role, Scientist I, Breeding, are to:
- Support the implementation and execution of technical projects required for design and develop the pipeline and operations improvements aligned with aligned with the overarching strategy within region;
- Support implementation of Precision Breeding Technical innovations within region;
- Serve in multi-function teams across North America to support innovation projects for Precision Breeding, with a key focus on drive genetic gain and product performance through digital transformation and new technology development and deployment.
- Support the Health Safety and Environment, Compliance, Business Conduct and Human Rights policies and culture.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science with at least five years of relevant experience or Master of Science with at least two years of relevant experience or Ph.D. with at least one year of relevant research experience;
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional and cross-cultural teams to achieve common goals;
- Demonstrated experience leading and influencing activities of cross-functional teams without direct reporting relationships;
- Ability to lead and influence key stakeholders through challenges and opportunities and facilitate solutions;
- Results orientation with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
- Master of Science or Ph.D. in Agricultural Science, Pathology, Genetics, Crop Science or Product Management;
- Experience with automated phenotyping/remote sensing and the interpretation of imaging data;
- Successful completion of a Bayer internship and/or work experiences in agriculture related field.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.