Your tasks and responsibilities The primary responsibilities of this role, Science Communication Intern, are to:
- Write and edit news articles for internal and external audiences;
- Assist with development of content including videos, photos, graphics and presentations;
- Write and edit talking points/key messages for employee and stakeholder use;
- Assemble materials for communication projects/programs;
- Event coordination and support;
- Assist with outreach to teachers and school districts.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a BS or MS program as a sophomore or above at a university in the US, with emphasis in public relations, journalism, communications and a science or agriculture related emphasis;
- Writing experience including, speeches, newsletters, newspapers, online publications, etc. (Portfolio may be requested);
- Strong writing and listening skills are essential, as is the ability to manage several projects simultaneously within required deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to turn complex ideas into simple, relatable messages;
- The ability to collaborate with colleagues outside of immediate team;
- Content development experience, including articles, graphics, videos, online publications, etc. (Portfolio may be requested).
- Students must be returning to their academic program or pursuing an advanced degree following the completion of their internship.
- Exceptional writing, editing and listening skills.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.