- Direct deliveries, load out activities and railcar/truck movement with plant personnel and rail workers.
- Sample, grade, and approve seed for delivery.
- Ensure both product quality and food safety through established shipping/receiving programs, GMPs and HACCP plan implementation by participating in safety meetings and training seminars.
- Weigh over-the-road trucks for tare and determine weight of delivery or shipment and prepare scale tickets.
- Coordinate bulk chemical deliveries with delivery drivers and activate bulk receiving and storage assets.
- Work alone for extended periods of time as well as on a variety of equipment at elevated conditions due to confined space and limited access by ladder.
- Conduct and document regular inspections for asset condition and operation.
- Work with various chemicals including some hazardous materials.
- Coordinate with and support operations (prep, extraction, utilities and refinery), maintenance and the Shift Supervisor.
- Record environmental emissions data and comply with EPA/MPCA regulations.
- Comply with and implement GMP’s, PSM, HACCP program, receiving and shipping policies, including seal placement on vessels.
- Maintain a sanitary work environment consistent with established sanitation schedules as well as conduct non-routine cleaning of the plant area and plant equipment including tank internals.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including respirators.
- Assist with other duties, as necessary, to support overall plant operations.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to wear required protective equipment including respirators and hearing protection.
- Able to spend long periods of time being on your feet including walking, standing and climbing steps and ladders.
- Able to use both automated and manual tools and equipment.
- Able to lift and carry materials up to 50 lbs.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- 3 years of experience working in a production/operations environment to include:
- Basic computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Use of various mechanical tools and equipment.
- Able to interpret Process and Instrument Diagrams and process flow diagrams.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.