Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
This role is at a Dairy Foods manufacturing facility for Land O’Lakes, creating dairy products that stand for real, simple goodness. We believe there’s power in every drop of milk our farmers produce, and by improving production and finding innovative uses for that milk, we add a little good to people’s lives.
The Sanitation Technician is required to work in an environment that is wet, very humid and undergoes extreme temperature changes, from very hot to very cold. Due to the changing environment, a worker must constantly be aware of the effects of these changes. The sanitation worker will also be working around large processing equipment in which chemicals will be used to complete the sanitation process. The sanitation worker must be able to work as a team along with other members of the crew, under stressful conditions and be flexible and willing to perform varying tasks per the supervisor’s instructions and in accordance with all safety guidelines mandated by the employer.
To become a successful member of the Sanitation department, a person must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule, able to keep up in a fast-paced environment, and not afraid to get “dirty.”
HOURS: 3rd Shift
11:00 PM – 7:30 AM Monday – Friday, some Saturdays
HOURLY PAY RANGE:
* High School Diploma
* Manufacturing experience in a Dairy or related food plant manufacturing operations.
* Experience communicating work order progress to supervisor and production operators
* Basic Computer Skills
* 18 years or older
* Able to trouble shoot mechanical problems
* Understand operating principles of food processing equipment
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment
* Work in cold and/or hot temperatures throughout the day
* Adhere to all standard operating procedures (SOPs)
* Ability to demonstrate knowledge in their functions and ability to troubleshoot and fix system issues is preferred
* Self-reliant and able to accurately work under limited supervision
* Ensures a safe working environment while performing assigned tasks
* Customer focused and able to work in a collaborative team
* Ability to be flexible in work performed and schedule
* Demonstrates active participation in solutions and continually finds ways to improve processes
* Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written instructions and possess basic mathematical skills.
* Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to work with Corrosive Chemicals.
* Associate Degree
* Experience with Microsoft Office with strong skills in Word, Outlook and Excel
* Ability to use enterprise software as well as custom sanitation programs
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment, you will be walking, standing and engaging in movement throughout the day, and occasionally to frequently be required to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. Due to a large variety of job duties (both routine and non-routine), certain duties also may involve, a variety of physical activities including bending, lifting, stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms above shoulders and head, standing, working in enclosed areas, climbing stairs or ladders, and operating heavy machinery. The noise level in the work environment can vary but noise is usually low to moderate.
At times, you may be required to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety gloves, hearing protection, a respirator or dust mask, protective footwear and protective clothing or uniforms. Work may be performed in cold and/or hot temperatures and the environment can be dusty. Physical requirements further include the ability to engage in productive and collaborative communication with co-workers and work may need to be performed during non-standard hours, including nights and weekends. At times, the ability to work overtime also may be required. The ability to perform these requirements is necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The company engages in an interactive process to review requests for reasonable accommodations that may be needed to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform all the essential functions of the position. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to the hiring manager.
WAGE RANGE SALARY:
Land O’Lakes, Inc offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job offers are contingent upon a successful drug screen and background review.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
If you need to submit a reasonable accommodation request to complete the employment application process, please call the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT. Please also use this number for any other questions.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy