Join Land O’Lakes, and you join boundless thinkers and doers from all walks of life working together to feed the world. Take pride in working with some of America’s favorite brands, including Purina Animal Nutrition, WinField United, Vermont Creamery and KozyShack, and more.
You’ll be joining a team committed to everything from the seeds that go into the ground, to the technology that improves crop yields and sustainability, to the grain that animals eat to produce milk, to marketing the final product, like our many legendary products.
We’re looking for audacious optimists and innovative thinkers to help us meet food’s toughest challenges.
Sanitation Team Member – 3rd Shift
At Vermont Creamery, we strive to produce the highest quality cheeses and dairy products using local ingredients while supporting and developing family farms. We aim to exemplify sustainability by being profitable, engaging our staff in the business, and living our mission every day in the creamery. We care about creating a great work environment for our employees and being a positive contributor to the community and environment.
On those promises, we obtained the B-Corp certification back in 2014. Our dairy products have won more than 100 national and international awards. Our butters and cheeses populate some of the most prestigious cheese boards in America. But what makes us proudest perhaps is that we have sustained a team of family farms and creamery artisans. Together we thrive making simply great cheese for discerning, appreciative eaters, home cooks and discriminating chefs alike.
Under the direction of the Sanitation Supervisor and Sanitation Lead, the Sanitation Team Member is responsible for cleaning the production rooms, taking apart equipment for further cleaning, and finishing production as needed. Duties includes performing many cleaning tasks, which may include reaching over the head with a scrub brush, cleaning on a ladder, using a water hose, and using cleaning detergents and sanitizers, while following company safety and quality programs, along with learning many aspects of production.
10:30pm – 7:00am
HOURLY PAY RATE:
To be determined upon hire
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 6 plus months of solid work experience in any industry
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to follow manufacturer’s specifications and direction
* 18 years or older
* Able to trouble shoot mechanical problems
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment
* Work in cold and/or hot temperatures throughout the day
* Adhere to all standard operating procedures (SOPs)
* Ability to demonstrate knowledge in their functions and ability to troubleshoot and fix system issues is preferred
* Self-reliant and able to accurately work under limited supervision
* Ensures a safe working environment while performing assigned tasks
* Customer focused and able to work in a collaborative team
* Ability to be flexible in work performed and schedule
* Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written instructions and possess basic mathematical skills
* Ability to lift/carry up to 40 lbs.
* Experience communicating work order progress to supervisor and production operators
* Knowledge of various pieces of high tech food manufacturing processing and packaging equipment. Examples include but are not limited to baggers, palletizers, and cookers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties as assigned):
- Helps to wrap up production.
- Sets-up, dismantles, cleans, and sanitizes machines.
- Scrubs parts by hand with proper cleaning detergents at proper concentrations.
- Cleans the outside of equipment, such as pumps, motors, tanks, pipes, and framework.
- Scrubs down ceilings, walls, air vents, racks, windows, doors, and lights to ensure cleanliness.
- Washes out carts and tanks, which includes any wheels, legs, or surrounding framework.
- Stores parts in appropriate bins or racks.
- Ensures the cleanliness of concrete barriers and troughs to eliminate soils.
- Stands on a ladder to reach the top of lights and tanks.
- Conducts other cleaning tasks as needed or required.
- Follows all procedures, GMPs, Safety, Quality, and Sanitation plans.
- Collects samples for Quality Assurance, as needed.
- Helps in production, as needed.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment, you will be walking, standing and engaging in movement throughout the day, and occasionally to frequently be required to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. Due to a large variety of job duties (both routine and non-routine), certain duties also may involve, a variety of physical activities including bending, lifting, stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms above shoulders and head, standing, working in enclosed areas, climbing stairs or ladders, and operating heavy machinery. The noise level in the work environment can vary but noise is usually low to moderate.
At times, you may be required to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety gloves, hearing protection, a respirator or dust mask, protective footwear and protective clothing or uniforms. Work may be performed in cold and/or hot temperatures and the environment can be dusty. Physical requirements further include the ability to engage in productive and collaborative communication with co-workers and work may need to be performed during non-standard hours, including nights and weekends. At times, the ability to work overtime also may be required. The ability to perform these requirements is necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The company engages in an interactive process to review requests for reasonable accommodations that may be needed to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform all the essential functions of the position. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to the hiring manager.
WAGE RANGE SALARY:
Land O’Lakes, Inc offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job offers are contingent upon a successful drug screen and background review.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy