Our client is a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. The company operates a recycling business which collects, sorts, and processes waste paper and other recyclables across North America. The business contributes to the U.S. paper recycling environmental success story (where recovery now exceeds 60%) and contributes to the company's manufacturing success.
The Recycling Representative is responsible for ethically and professionally representing the company in the recycling marketplace. This position is responsible for developing new, profitable business and maintaining current customer relationships for the Company. A Recycling Representative’s role is to evaluate a supplier’s recycling needs and offers, through consultative sales techniques, recommendations to fulfill those needs in order to generate and maintain profitability to achieve unit objectives and business goals. Executing business development activities through all phases of the sales process including prospect development, cold calling, submitting proposals, and actively competing for recovered materials from commercial, manufacturing, and industrial business that generate recyclable materials is a primary function of this role. Some examples of these include printers, distribution centers, and manufacturing businesses. Involvement with operations to understand the recycling process and plant capabilities along with cost associated with processing the different materials is key for this role. Constant and effective communication with the facility drivers is required to stay on top of safety, customer’s materials, concerns and changes in the process. The position requires an individual that is self motivated and capable of selling a service rather than a product and acquiring new customers that are profitable while meeting their recycling demands.
This position is located at our Carrollton, TX Recycling Plant
- Develops and secures profitable recyclable material supply for the plant. Emphasis on new business development
- Understands plant costs and applies that knowledge through the use of account profitability analysis tools
- Understands the plant's capabilities and sources material accordingly, using professional selling skills to acquire new business.
- Develops and executes an effective prospecting and material procurement plan
- Monitors recycling market pricing and adjusts existing supplier pricing as needed to maintain satisfactory margin
- Acts as a liaison between the supplier and the plant to ensure timely, accurate information flow between the two in order to maintain a positive long term relationship.
- Develops a clear understanding of supplier's business and critical requirements
- Handles supplier complaints promptly and effectively.
- Practices effective time and territory management.
- Functions effectively as a member of the plant material sourcing team.
- Interfaces effectively with other departments and maintains open lines of communication with stakeholders.
- High School Diploma or the equivalence
- Minimum two years successful direct outside recyclable material sourcing experience.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer/supplier focus with the ability to listen, understand and analyze the needs of customers/suppliers.
- Ability to recognize changes in market conditions and adapt marketing strategies accordingly.
- Strong people skills, with the ability to work with a variety of personalities from diverse backgrounds.
- Basic financial skills in managing gross margin and basics of account profitabilities in relation to a facility’s P&L
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel computer applications.
- Bachelor degree in business with emphasis in marketing or business administration is preferred.
- Familiarity with the area and local market structure
- Interest in general management as a potential career path
- Ability to relocate
Relocation is available for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Veterans