The Sales Manager is responsible for the hiring, mentoring, training, and directing of all sales staff within the given region. The Sales Manager manages a team of Sales Agronomists whose primary goal is to develop long term relationships that are based on value selling of our cooperative’s products and services. Leading a team of Sales Professionals and directing this team to meet company objectives and goals in unison with the Regional Operations team.
- Supports and directs initiatives for the sales and marketing efforts of their regional team at the cooperative.
- Establishes sales goals and budgets in conjunction with the Regional manager for Crop Nutrients, Seed, Crop protection, Precision Ag as well as other products and services that are sold by the Sales Agronomists.
- Develops and implements sales and marketing programs to enhance efficiency and profitability for the cooperative and our customers.
- Initiates the growth and continued personal development of all Sales Agronomists.
- Coordinates sales and marketing training for Sales Agronomists in the use of Crop Nutrients, Seed, Crop protections Products and other products and services.
- Assists Sales Agronomists and Location Managers in maximizing producer and location profitability.
- Facilitates and supports performance plans/expectations and sales goals of Sales Agronomists in conjunction with implementing individual training plans, compensation plans and recognition programs.
- Provides training and support to assigned Sales Agronomists and Location Managers including sales call reporting, farm call processes, program rollout and utilization.
- Conducts Farm Call Evaluations, Sales Agronomist Accountability, and Performance Reviews.
- Evaluates and assists with the recruitment, development, and placement of both Sales Agronomists and sales agronomy interns for our cooperative.
- Communication with Regional and Location managers is a critical component for success. The Sales Manager role dictates that these relationships are essential to success within the Region.
- Utilizes available data systems for reporting and monitoring of sales progress.
- Works with the marketing and procurement team to successfully develop and implement sales programs and initiatives.
- Develops a strong working relationship with local supplier representatives to help support their products within the Region.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in agriculture or related field; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and capable of communicating with a wide range of individuals. Demonstrated leadership and ability to lead people and get maximum results through others, a proven track record of sales or sales management success. Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities. Sales and service systems development and deployment skills. Technical skills in strategic planning and sales planning. Ability to implement effective employee training and development programs. Strong customer orientation. Commitment to company values .