The Sales Agronomist will grow agronomy market and wallet share by actively calling on Key Agronomy accounts, both current and prospective accounts. The Sales Agronomist will also grow agronomy market and wallet share by performing a high level of service after the sale. All of this while maintaining Key Cooperative’s profitability.
- Grows market share with current key accounts.
- Grows market share by identifying key prospective accounts within our trade territory.
- Grows market share by closing sales with key prospective accounts within our trade territory.
- Grows market share by working with the Agronomy Sales Development Leader and/or the Sales Marketing Manager on joint calls with current and prospective accounts.
- Services key current and prospective accounts after the sale through a high level of expertise in Crop Production with an emphasis in the four main areas of Crop Nutrient, Crop Protection, Seed, and Precision Ag.
- Services key current and prospective accounts after the sale with a high level of communication to the Location Manager.
- Services key current and prospective accounts through proper accounting and operational procedures.
- Provides regular reports to the Sales and Marketing Manager in regards to call activity, customer and industry trends.
- Adheres to Key Cooperative pricing and policies and credit terms.
Marketing and Sales Development
- Attends continuing education on a regular basis to improve sales and agronomic skills.
- Attends internal Key Cooperative Agronomy Sales Meetings. This may include conference calls, quarterly reviews & team meetings
- Attends supplier meetings, both internal and externally as directed by the Sales & Marketing Manager.
- Assists in Key Cooperative Agronomy Marketing Program. This may include composing newsletter articles, assisting with media promotional activities and assisting in developing a local show plots.
- Participates in the Key Cooperative Internal Trial Program with at least one trial per year.
- Participates with Key Cooperative Conferences, Field Days and Customer Appreciation Events. This may include planning, promoting and leading at these events.
- Participates in the Key Cooperative Intern Program. This may include assisting at Career Fairs, assisting with onboarding, assisting with mentoring and also assisting with intern events.
- Promotes Key Cooperative products through field signing. This includes seed and other agronomy products.
- Promotes the Key Cooperative Precision Ag Platform. This includes Centrol Precision Ag Services as well as Precision Ag Data Platforms, both internal and external.
- Supports the Vision, Mission, and Values of Key Cooperative.
- Assists with delivery of agronomy products.
- Assists with inventory and reconciliation of agronomy products.
- Accepts all other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Sales and Marketing Manager.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; or a minimum of five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified Crop Advisor
- Valid Driver’s License (Class A CDL encouraged)
About Key Cooperative
Key is a member-owned, rural Iowa cooperative serving agriculture producers. With locations in 13 communities and 6 counties, Key Cooperative provides Agronomy, Energy, Feed, and Grain with a small-town, yet professional feel. Our employees take pride in our identity and they’re committed to the success of our owners by delivering innovation, leadership, and performance. If you’re looking for a place where you can grow and be proud of what you do each day – you can find this kind of career at Key Cooperative. Apply below!