Agtegra Cooperative is seeking a Sales Agronomist in Chamberlain, SD.
Agtegra Cooperative is seeking a sales agronomist to be based in south central North Dakota with a focus on business growth in Burleigh and Kidder counties. The sales agronomist must be able to form strong relationships, provide tremendous customer service, and build business in their designated area. We’re looking for a driven individual with a proven sales record.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build lasting relationships and form mutual trust with new and current customers to understand their needs. Uses their “can do” attitude and outgoing personality to get the sale.
- Develop a business plan by customer that demonstrates the best crop production practices to maximize yield.
- Conducts sales calls to promote and coordinate the profitable sale of crop nutrients, seed, crop protection, precision ag, and services as well as other products offered to satisfy customer needs.
- Grow and maintain business with area producers. Works with regional sales manager and location manager to designate areas that need more assistance.
- Develops a strong working relationship with location manager and Agtegra Cooperative agronomy team to maximize customer service and teamwork.
- Develop a strong working relationship with local supplier representatives to help support their products as prioritized by the Agtegra Cooperative Agronomy Leadership Team.
- Assist in facilitating operations to meet outlined customer service expectations.
- Examines results of crop production studies to discover and enhance characteristics such as yield, quality, adaptation to specific soils or climates, and resistance to diseases and pests.
- Demonstrates full knowledge of and enforces the cooperative’s credit policy.
- Maintains company facilities, personal workspace, company equipment, and company vehicles; performing cleaning and maintenance to maintain a clean and safe environment for customers and co-workers.
- Adheres to all safety regulations, requirements, policies and procedures, including OSHA regulations, the Vehicle Policy and Fleet Safety Program, and DOT regulations.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Agronomy or Agriculture preferred with a minimum of 3 years of sales experience in the agronomic industry in seed, crop protection/nutrients; or 5-6 years of sales experience in the agronomic industry in seed, crop protection/nutrients, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Crop Advisor Certification and CDL beneficial.
Health Insurance, Vision/Dental Insurance, Pension plan, 401k, Clothing Allowance, Paid time off, Holidays, Education Assistance and MORE!