The AGCO Acceleration Center is looking for a highly talented Design Engineer to join our team in Research Park during the Spring 2020. We’re an agricultural manufacturer, and we’re looking for an intern to get involved with our innovation teams to working on a project teams to create new designs, improve current designs and/or add innovation to existing products, specifically in the areas of robotics and automation.
Job Function and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with Engineers to understand and verify product requirements and cost targets
- Prepare concept, design, development and feasibility studies of engineering projects
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineer/Quality Associate for manufacturing documentation
- Computer based design and simulation
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 3D modeling experience, Creo preferred.
- Familiarity with instrumentation and measurement equipment
- Studying mechanical or agricultural engineering
- Experience with robotics and automation
- Must be registered as a full-time student
- Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
- Creative problem solver with ability to understand larger picture but also focus on details
This is a paid, full-time internship for Spring 2020 at the AGCO Acceleration Center in the University of Illinois’ Research Park. Students are required to work 15-20 hours a week on-site at our office in Research Park.
GSI is a global manufacturer of grain systems and swine and poultry production equipment. GSI is a part of AGCO and one of their five core brands. AGCO (NYSE: AGCO) is a fortune 500 corporation that is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural solutions. GSI is dedicated to protecting every acre, every harvest and every animal in our customer’s care. By doing this we help advance agriculture in developing countries and around the world.
Nearest Major Market: Champaign
Nearest Secondary Market: Urbana
Job Segment: Intern, Agricultural, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Entry Level, Agriculture, Engineering, Research