Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET.
The goal of this Research and Development internship/co-op position is to provide opportunities for students to gain real world engineering experience in the Protein and Food Processing industry and to help students develop professionally in a progressive manner with an increasing amount of responsibility. The position will provide an excellent opportunity to gain real world experience while working under the supervision of experienced Food Scientists to meet the company goals pertaining to research processes, product commercialization, and continuous improvement in Safety, Quality, and Productivity.
All Research and Development Interns must also embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Help increase R&D productivity by assisting in preparing, testing, and cleaning up after batches.
- Conducting experiments to obtain data for white papers.
- Assist in preparing for IFT tradeshow (sample preparation and packing)
- Create a streamlined system to track samples including: who the sample was sent to, tracking number, and what samples were included.
- Assist in creating a sample inventory.
- Assist in fulfilling sample requests.
- Assist the marketing team in preparing food for marketing material shoots.
- Assist in prepping samples and marketing material for tradeshows and events.
- Help develop content for blogs, social media and other upcoming events.
- Assist in import leads, updating profiles in HubSpot and scanning business cards into HubSpot post tradeshows/events
- Patent Searching
- Assist the R&D and IP team in finding patents related to current projects
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required
- Current enrollment in a food science related BS or Master’s degree
- Demonstrated strong teamwork skills, with the ability to lead, participate and/or work directly with cross-functional teams and/or individuals
- Demonstrated strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated clear, informative, persuasive and collaborative verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourceful, continuous learner who enjoys solving problems and challenges.
- Self-motivated and committed to safety and quality
- Work well independently and within diverse groups.
Documents required for application: Cover Letter, Resume, Academic Prep with grades and GPA (please include and indicate all transferred courses, along with courses in progress)
PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients here in the USA. These ingredients form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
Want to learn more about plant-based foods? You are in luck! Plant-based markets are growing at a fast clip. Plant-based foods have grown 31% in the past two years to reach $4.5 billion! This is compared to 2% for the entire food market. PURIS is a leading supplier to this growing industry and needs your help! Check out a recent report here to learn more about the growth of the industry. You can also check out our FAQ's or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP